This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Do you find yourself spending excessive amounts of time constantly picking outfits? I am one of those people that always wants to keep up with fashion trends and always look stylish. A “uniform” can be an easy way to save you some time and even help elevate your wardrobe. There is not always time to spend on going through your whole closet to pick an outfit, but a uniform is a quick staple catered for you to make you feel good. It can also be a consistent look that is easy, simple, classy and fashionable on the go. 

Fashion is constantly moving, but countless celebrities and their stylish looks are actually individual uniforms. Some looks in fashion are timeless. Having a uniform is the easiest way to always be fashionable and have a standard look that can work with any personal style. For example, you can go for a classic jacket, whether that’s leather or a simple trench coat, and pair it with a basic top, jeans or trousers, and a simple pair of shoes to complete the look. It is one of the most common uniforms that everyone alters to make it their own. The simpler the colors, the better. White, black, grey, and shades of blue with a subtle pattern always work particularly well. This outfit is always seen on the city streets and celebrities like Hailey Bieber, Kendall Jenner, and Selena Gomez are a few examples of using this method. This truly does make life easier, and any accessory can elevate it as well depending on how depressed up or down you want the look to be for yourself. This can be a constant in your daily life to give you confidence and fit in the crowd or even stand out. The possibilities are endless, and the subtle colors on the base of the outfit will allow for pops of color with your shoes or bag as well. The best part is that any hairstyle can work with it, which is also a bonus! Finding your uniform will allow you to always look sharp while having a look that is “in.” This standard look is also comfortable, which is always important especially in the constant rush of your day-to-day life. Don’t shy away from being simple. The all-black look is always a great go-to as well. Stay true to your look and don’t forget to add a touch of you!

The “uniform” can be a true life saver, but even if it feels like you’re falling into the rhythm of wearing the same thing, add little differences here and there to make it your own. Monochromatic could also be the way to go, because it’s simple but adds a touch of flavor with a variety of colors to choose from. The all-black look could also be altered to grey or brown if you are not in the mood for some color. All of these trends have lasted for a long time and always work for everyone! All in all, looking good and feeling good is the way to go! Embrace what you love wearing and be yourself to constantly feel comfortable in your clothing! Finding your uniform takes time, but look for the basics that call out to you and make you feel your best on a daily basis!

Alice is a staff writer for HerCampus at Temple University. She is an advertising major, has an adventurous soul, and is always up for exploration. The fashion world excites her and she has a huge passion for traveling. She loves meeting new people and is always looking to embrace new cultures. Alice wears her heart on her sleeve, dives into new things headfirst with a smile so don't hesitate to reach out especially if you want to talk fashion!
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!