Dakari Campbell: The Travelling Owl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Dakari Campbell is not your average Temple Owl. When he is not working or studying he enjoys tutoring youth and traveling the country. This future CEO has big dreams ahead of him. The New Jersey native describes himself as determined, humble and silly and his style as urban with a touch of class. Dakari is ideal for a girl who enjoys fashion and is apt for having an intelligent conversation. Dakari is a strong-minded young man who can whip up a mean dinner—not to mention he is oh so C-U-T-E.

Name: Dakari Campbell

Major: Tourism and Hospitality Management

Favorite Food: Shrimp Scampi

Favorite Artists: Drake, Jay Z and Fabolous

Dream Date: Traveling the world in a week

What he looks for in a girl: A girl with a good personality, hardworking, determined, with beauty and brains

Awkward moment: I was standing outside of 7/11 wearing basketball shorts and a T-shirt. Then a woman gave me a dollar and asked if I was homeless.

Hobbies/Interest: Traveling, working, tutoring, and studying

Favorite clothing stores: Neiman Marcus, Barneys, and Saks Fifth Avenue

Status: Single 

I am a sophomore Journalism major at Temple University from Pittsburgh. My name is Lena Kinney. I enjoy such topics as fashion, campus life, and celebrity news. I enjoy writing and being behind the camera. I've had experience with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and played a role in my high school news. I am also a member of the Temple news team.
Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.