The Countdown to the Royal Baby

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The Duke and Duchess are at it again!

It’s true Prince William and Duchess Kate are due to have their second baby this month!

Once again the world is just buzzing about this new Royal to be. William and Kate both decided not to find out the gender making the suspense even more unbearable.

“They duke and duchess are hugely grateful for the warm wishes they had received from people throughout the UK and indeed around the world over the last few months,” said the UK’s Sunday Express.

Media outlets like People magazine and Entertainment Today have been speculating that the Duchess might be having a girl due to her wearing a pink coat recently.

Another rumor is spreading that Prince William might miss the birth because of his training for his Bond Air Services job with the East Anglian Air Ambulance. Officials declare though that William will only be a car ride away from the hospital throughout this month.

Royal watchers will also start to gather outside of St. Mary’s hospital on April 16 where Kate will be having her baby. Kate’s due date isn’t expected until the 25 through the 27 of this month.

Bets are even being placed on the gender of the baby between bookmakers especially. According to E! News, “Punters are quickly reinvesting their winnings on the couple having a second son call James.”

This all makes sense since the duchess’ brother is named James and he is the designated moniker for baby number two.

What are your predictions? Are you hoping for a prince or princess?

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.