This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s been a rough year, so maybe we’re not all “feeling ourselves” as much as we usually do. There aren’t as many occasions that require a reason to get ready or wear an outfit that serves as anything other than comfy. I’m definitely guilty of it too — t-shirts have been the staple of all my outfits these past few months. 

I’m a firm believer that music makes the mood, so here’s a few songs from my playlist that make me feel like my confidence is off the charts no matter what, and I hope they do the same for you!

“Motivation” by Normani

Normani absolutely owns every performance of this song, which has Ariana Grande credited as a co-writer. It’s such an upbeat track and the chorus’ beat is extremely contagious. This song is definitely a contender for “best song to dance to in the mirror” in my book!

“Nightmare” by Halsey

“Nightmare” is about women, and for women, as Halsey confirmed herself. With lyrics like “No I won’t smile, but I’ll show you my teeth,” and “I’ve been polite, but won’t be caught dead,

Lettin’ a man tell me what I should do with my bed,” it’s angry, empowering, and everything in between. The song affirms that being seen as a “nightmare” just because you don’t want to act the way others expect might not be a bad thing.

“Good as Hell” by Lizzo

Could I have made this playlist without a Lizzo song? Definitely not. Despite its overplay on the radio last year, “Good as Hell” is still guaranteed to make you feel good about yourself. As Lizzo said herself during her VMA performance last year, “you deserve to feel good as hell!”  

“If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know)” by The 1975

OK, so these lyrics may not directly correlate to a confidence reboot. However, this song is undoubtedly catchy and deserves your dance moves, no matter how bad they are. I can’t help but bop along to the chorus with jazzy saxophones and an earworm guitar riff. 

Make sure to check out the rest of my Confidence Boost playlist here! Whether you’re jamming out in your sweatpants, or saving it to use as a “getting ready” playlist for future nights out (once it’s safe), this playlist will have you feeling great about yourself all the same!

Caitlin is a junior PR major with a love for everything music. When she's not writing, you can find her binging a new TV show, listening to music, or hanging out with her cat Louise!
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!