Wellness

Cold Weather Got You Down? Here’s Some Things to Pick Yourself Back Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Between the holidays and summer life can get a little boring. It can be super hard to vibe in this cold weather, so here’s some fun things you can do as a treat to keep yourself occupied in these trying times:

Dye/Cut your hair 

Go buy some cheap box dye and have some fun with your buddies. It’s only hair and it’s a bunch of fun to change up your style. So why not try a fun color that you usually wouldn’t? Sometimes a change is needed even if it’s just the color of your locks. If you don’t want to go all the way to a color-change, a good haircut feels just as good! 

Start a new hobby

There are many things to do and so little time! But with life slowing down for a bit you might have some time to pick up a new hobby. Learn to play the guitar, or learn to braid hair really well. Start making bracelets, the possibilities are endless! Do something that can be exciting for you and beneficial in your life. Break your routine and take some time out of your day to try something new!

Get into some new music or a new show

There’s so much good TV and good music to listen to when you’re feeling a bit bored. This is the perfect time to expand your taste and find some new stuff. Don’t know where to start? Sex Education season two is out on Netflix now and I would highly recommend if your looking for a new show. Try browsing your Spotify for a new genre… New Music Mondays are always worth a listen. 

Get a Fun Piercing or a tattoo 

Something reckless is always so much fun (…. at least when it’s done in a healthy way) and it can spice up your life when it’s feeling kind of dull. So why not shake things up? Get some more piercings in your ear or try something crazy like a septum piercing or tongue piercing. It’ll be all healed up for summer and you’ll be ready to go. Also a tattoo is a super fun way to stop being bored and you can be super creative with it! 

So, if after the holidays things seem to get a bit too comfortable just try something out of the ordinary and have some fun with it. I know I will!

Hi, I am Marygrace Irvine! I am a sophomore at Temple University studying English and Political science.
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!