Campus Cutie: Jenna Faccenda

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Breaking into the journalism field in a city as big as Philadelphia can be a difficult feat. But for Jenna Faccenda, this goal is within reach. Faccenda transferred to Temple University just last semester from a small school near Pittsburgh, but that hasn’t stopped her from getting involved as the new Fashion & Beauty Editor for Her Campus Temple and landing an internship in the city.

Year/major: Junior Journalism major and Public Relations minor

Hometown: Lansdale, PA

Specific area of interest: Writing. I’ve been working on a novel for the past three years. I would love to work for a literary agency, do PR for a non-profit that I’m passionate about, or work for magazines.

Current job/internship: I intern for Steven Singer Jewelers. I like it because there is a young group of people, mostly from Temple, and I can really branch out. It’s stress-free environment – I’ve been there for over a semester.

School involvement in addition to Her Campus: PRowl, PRSSA, senior reporter for Templar

Why you got involved with Her Campus: I love to write and Her Campus is such a fun environment. I’m surrounded by a bunch of girls that have the same interests as I do, and we’re able to expand our writing skills and help each other out.

Favorite food: Seafood and Italian food. I’m Italian, so Sunday is always a big Italian meal at my grandma’s. I love ravioli and crab.

Favorite thing to do around Philly: I love going to Flyer’s games. They’re fun and I like hockey. It’s a great atmosphere and there are always rowdy sports fans.

Samara is currently a senior Journalism major at Temple University. She has always possessed a passion for writing and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Temple. Eventually, she hopes to work in the magazine industry. In her free time, she loves exploring the city of Philadelphia, trying new restaurants, and attending concerts. Samara can be reached at samara.grossel@temple.edu.
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.