Campus Celebrity: Savannah Blake

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Get ready ladies and gentlemen because Her Campus Temple is back for the 2015-2016 school year with a brand new social media director – Savannah Blake!

Savannah is a senior studying public relations here at Temple. She loves being involved with Her Campus and being a part of the awesome sisterhood that the E-board has become. “We’re the best of friends and know that we can joke around with each other with no hard feelings. Meetings are never a burden,” Savannah explained. On top of Her Campus, she’s also involved in Temple’s Fashion and Business Club, PRSSA, and PRowl Public Relations Firm.

Last year, Savannah served as the Fashion and Beauty editor for Her Campus and interned at the prestigious Philadelphia Style Magazine. In the future, she hopes to work as a publicist for one of her favorite magazines or fashion houses, like Harper’s Bazaar or Miu Miu.

Being a self-proclaimed fashion nerd, she has tons of style icons: “Leandra Medine, creator of the blog Man Repeller, taught me that I should wear whatever I well please no matter what anyone else (especially men) thinks. Keith Richards is also a huge influence on me. He’s the effortlessly cool rock and roll pirate I’ve always wanted to be. I also look up to Jane Birkin because I’ve always been unhealthily obsessed with 60’s era France and her style was the essence of that time,” Savannah told us.

This Spring, she’s looking forward to studying abroad in London where she plans on “drinking her weight in tea and casually bumping into Harry Styles.” You can typically spot her around campus this Fall catching up on all the latest fashion news from Porter, The Covetuer, British Vogue, The Fashion Law, and Style.com.

Mary is a part of the Temple University class of 2017. She is a Journalism major with a minor in Business and hopes to get into magazine editing or business writing after college. She is also the Health and Fitness editor for Her Campus Temple. If you have any story ideas please contact her at: tue99470@temple.edu
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.