Campus Celebrity: Logan Beck

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Every university has its great amenities that keep staff and students alike happy. Temple University is blessed with great places to eat on campus, easy access to the great neighborhoods of Philadelphia via the subway, and as of now, an awesome football team to cheer on. However, no matter how many great aspects a university has, it is only as good as the people that attend it. If you were to judge by one student, you should look at Logan Taylor Beck.

Logan is junior journalism major with jokes that are as witty as her hair is blonde, an infectious smile and an incredible determination to succeed. Despite a long list of extracurriculars that include being a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon, the Editor-in-Chief of Temple’s StreakU, a Nightlife reporter for The Temple News, a writer for The Odyssey at Temple and a member of Temple’s first and only all-female a cappella group, Singchronize, Logan also serves Her Campus Temple as the Vice-President and Campus Correspondent.

You can find Logan keeping up with the news, or with her face in the latest issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine, but you will never find her not doing something she loves.

She said, “I’ve always loved writing, and I’ve also loved helping people, meeting new people, and hearing their stories. Journalism is a beautiful, complicated union of the two, and I am enamored with the idea of telling peoples’ stories for the rest of my life. In journalism, I get the opportunity to give the voiceless a voice, and that to me is the reason why I do what I do.”

At the end of her freshman year, Logan applied and interviewed to be the managing editor for Her Campus Temple, a role that hadn’t even been created yet. After watching her nail the interview, the current executive board of Her Campus Temple at the time decided they had to create this role for Logan. She started her managing editor role during her sophomore year and it soon became one of the positions that helped Her Campus Temple operate more smoothly.

Originally, Logan came to Her Campus Temple hoping to gain more writing experience, but she ended up gaining more than just clips, “Not only did I gain experience pitching articles, meeting deadlines, scheduling content, and planning events, I also found an incredible team of women who share the same goals, values, and positive attitude as me. My experience with Her Campus Temple thus far has surpassed any expectation I could have had, and my friendships within our chapter are invaluable to me.”

Though she seems like she could be Wonder Woman herself, Logan credits the other women in her life with keeping her inspired and motivated, “My mother. I wouldn’t be half of who I am if it wasn’t for her strength, intelligence, and wit. She’s my best friend. I’m honestly so inspired by the women who are a part of Her Campus Temple, specifically Kaitlin Manion and our recent graduate Lindsey Murray. I’m hard pressed to find two more humble, hard working, dynamic women and I’m blessed to call both of them my friends. I’m so thrilled that I get to work with Kaitlin as Campus Correspondents this year, because not only is she my partner in crime in Her Campus, but she’s also one of my best friends and I don’t know what I’d do without her.”

While Logan definitely knows how to work hard, she knows how to use her free time to her advantage. When she’s not in meetings, or trekking around Philadelphia to cover an event, she likes to hang out in Rittenhouse Square, try out new places in the city and hanging out with her friends.

Catch Logan on campus and she will probably be smiling, or laughing at her own jokes. If you get the opportunity, get to know her because you certainly will not be missing out.

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.