Campus Celeb: Paulina Jayne Isaac

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Ever since her freshman year, Paulina Jayne Isaac has been making a name for herself among the Temple student journalist elite. In addition to climbing her way up the Her Campus ladder during her time at Temple, her work has been published by College Magazine and Thought Catalog. Isaac has also interned for Philadelphia Magazine and The Hollywood Reporter. There’s certainly more to Isaac than her hard work. Her optimistic energy make her a delight to be around for her HC pals.

Her Campus Temple position this year?

Arts & Entertainment Editor

What are you going to miss about this past summer?

I interned at The Hollywood Reporter and got to experience what it is like to be an insider in the entertainment industry which was a really incredible experience.

Favorite memories?

I met and saw some of the cast from Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal which are two of my favorite shows. I also heard Shonda Rhimes speak which was unreal since she is one of my heroes. 

What song verse best describes your feelings about your senior year?

“Like a small boat on the ocean, Sending big waves into motion.” -Fight Song by Rachel Platten 

Which Taylor swift song would you describe as the soundtrack to your life?

This is a hard question because I love Taylor so much! If I had to choose one as the soundtrack to my life it would have to be “Long Live” from her Speak Now album because it’s all about remembering moments and wanting them to last forever but at the same time being okay with moving forward and living your life.  

What are your post grad plans?

After I graduate I hope to move to New York and get a job at a website or magazine. My favorite magazines are Vanity Fair and Glamour but I would start anywhere. I love writing, editing, social media and creating media content. 

Describe Her Campus Temple in one word.

Accepting.  

Whose footsteps do you hope to follow in?

Our former president, Lindsey! She accomplished her goals and is living in NYC and she really inspires me. Aside from her, I think women like Tina Fey and Lena Dunham inspire me a lot too. I want to be courageous in my life and bold in chasing after my dreams. I also like making people laugh and I think if you can be ambitious and driven and still have a sense of humor and make light of thing, then that’s really the whole package. 

What’s the boldest thing you’ve done since coming to Temple?

I think applying for and accepting my internship this summer at THR. I did red carpet interviews with practically zero experience or guidance and I was okay. Honestly just going out for things and saying yes is crucial. Putting yourself out there is always scary but definitely always worth it, no matter the end result. 

Words of advice for underclassmen? 

Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there in every way whether it’s friendships, relationships, internships, classes…anything. You will fall on your face sometimes and that’s okay. College is what you make it and you have the right and power to make this experience look like anything you want… Be empowered by that. Also eat at the Crepe truck any chance you get, you won’t be sorry. 

Hobbies?

I love writing and taking pictures. I also love traveling whether it’s to a new section of Philly or to a whole other state or country. I love spending time with my friends and family and having adventures.

Proudest moment since coming to Temple?

I think being able to say I have met incredible people who have become my family makes me feel really proud. No matter what happens, I know that we have each other. 

Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.