Campus Celeb: CJ Hartung

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

If you have an interest in the arts, you may have seen sophomore vocal performance major  Christopher J. Hartung (or more commonly known as CJ) singing onstage with Owlcappella.

Or, you may recognize him from Temple’s campus Snapchat story, in which he humbly admits to being on 18 times and counting. 

Favorite spot on campus: The grasslands outside Tyler.

What are you involved with on campus?: I’m a member of Temple’s first Co-Ed a cappella group “Owlcappella” aswell as this semesters Opera “The Merry Widow”

What made you chose Temple?: The outstanding music program and ability to be involved in the busy city life.

Who do you admire?: Beyoncé

How did you begin singing?: I’m not entirely sure, I was probably trying to sing along to my favorite Beyoncé jam.

If you could have coffee with any person dead or alive, who would it be and why?: Beyoncé, I want to be drunk in love over coffee with the Queen.

What is your biggest strength?: My ability to make people live, AKA being a care free spirit.

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?: I enjoy hanging out with my best friends and enjoying life.

What is something that nobody knows about you?: I have a fear of people touching my ears.

What are three words you would use to describe yourself?: Outgoing, Goofy, Sweaty.

What is the biggest piece of advice you have for other students hoping to pursue a career in your major?: The only person you ever need to compete with is yourself. No one can be better at being you than yourself.

Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.