Burberry Does It Again At London Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

London Fashion Week was indeed a sight for the eyes, with exciting patterns, innovative cuts, and out-of-this-world runways. Even though LFW has passed, these trends will live on for season to come.

Burberry smashed it of course, leaving its audience (one of the biggest of the week ranging all the way from Anna Wintour to Harry Styles) in awe.

It opened with sliding doors, revealing the soothing and emotional live music that would be played through out the show.

The first looks were as peaceful as the music, with woodsy flowers painted on flowing dresses and skirts as well as bags and heels. The scheme was light blue and pink. It artfully transitioned into cranberry and forest green, with accents of bright yellow and orange along the way.

The recurring pieces in the show were large scarves that were ingeniously draped around the neck, reaching to the floor and secured with thin belts creating an incredibly chic look. I’m sure we will be seeing more of this throughout the year.

The other highlight of the show was the beautiful hand painted bags that swayed across the runway, each one unique and somehow incredibly Burberry even without the signature plaid decorating their beautifully crafted leather. The shoes of the models mimicked the bags with their design, creating a soothingly elegant harmony throughout the show and among the models, which included Karlie Kloss, Jourdan Dunn, and Cara Delevingne.

The show ended with a proud Delevingne strutting the runway with a beautiful blanket draped across her shoulder adorning her initials, followed by the finale in which the models breathtakingly reappeared, each with their own monogrammed blankets to the emotional sounds of Paloma Faith.

The show appropriately ended with applause and violins singing behind closing doors. To easily describe the show and designs: incredibly classy yet innovative and vogue at the same time. But what else would we expect from Burberry?

You can watch the show here

Savannah is a graduate of Temple University, now pursuing her lifelong dream of living in NYC. She enjoys perusing second-hand books stores, staring at the work of Egon Schiele, and listening to Keith Richards shred his electric guitar.
Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.