This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

I’ve never been so happy to be on a certain side of TikTok.

I recently have ended up on the reader’s side of TikTok, which has been named “BookTok.” I have always had a love for reading but recently fell back in love with it and have added a lot more books to my list. Thanks to the algorithm of TikTok, I’ve gotten the best recommendations for books that became some of my favorites! The majority of these are romantic, sorry not sorry!

My favorites thanks to Book Tok: 

• The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid: 5/5 Stars (My current favorite.)
  • Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: 5/5 Stars 
  • The People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry: 4/5 Stars 
  • The Hating Game by Sally Thorne: 5/5 Stars 
  • It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover: 5/5 Stars (I read this in one day!!)
  • Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata: 4/5 Stars 
  • All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: 5/5 Stars 
  • The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks: 4/5 Stars 
  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: 4/5 Stars (My comfort read.)

My To-Read list: 

• The Maid by Nita Prose 
  • November 9 by Colleen Hoover 
  • The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

Rediscovering my love for reading has been such an enjoyable journey. It calms my mind and allows me to escape to a fictional world. It is so important to exercise your brain in more ways than just doing the work you need to get done. Allow yourself some time to kick back with a good book to unwind! 

Jenna Walker

Temple '25

Jenna is a Media Studies and Production major at Temple. She has always had a love for writing, especially about topics she is passionate about. In her free time, Jenna enjoys going to the beach, listening to music, journaling, and binge watching her favorite TV shows.