Binge Worthy Shows for an Extra Kick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s that time of the semester again when emotions run low, and you can’t catch a break. Emotions, am I right?  

Well, to deal with my own emotions and get an extra kick of dopamine I’ve been watching shows ranging from comedy, romance, thriller, drama, and more. It’s a nice escape from reality, especially from the hectic semester filled with projects and exams.  

The Office  

The first show I recommend just to get a good laugh is “The Office,” which portrays the everyday lives of employees in a small paper company in Scranton, Pennsylvania.  

The highlight of the show has to be Michael Scott, the manager of the Scranton branch of Dunder Mifflin Paper Company. He is the definition of funny, and brings his vibrant, flamboyant personality into a boring office, making it hard to miss Michael. 

There are other notable characters as well that you may fall in love with, I know I did. 

I watch “The Office” during my study breaks to escape from the overwhelming amounts of material I need to review from my classes.  

The show helps ease the pressure I feel and reminds me to have a laugh during the day. Just yesterday I watched YouTube short clips of “The Office” scenes while eating my dinner. It’s definitely worth a watch.  

New Girl 

The second show I recommend is “New Girl.”  

The show has elements such as relationships and growth of the main characters Jess, Schmidt, Nick, Winston, Cece, and Coach.  

The show begins when Jess moves in with three male strangers after her horrible breakup. She develops relationships throughout the show, and we as the viewer watch her blossom throughout the seasons. The episodes are easy to watch, and it can definitely be described as a feel-good show.  

I’ve rewatched “New Girl” twice now, and I will never get sick of it. Jess’s unique personality reels you in, particularly how the boys of the apartment handle her behavior and the close familial relationships she forms with them.  

A good laugh with a handful of romance? Totally up my alley.  

One Piece 

The third one I recommend is “One Piece.”  

One Piece is a Japanese animation airing since 1999. The show follows Monkey D. Luffy, a teenage boy, who strives to become the pirate king.  

He meets various characters throughout his adventures and asks them to join his crew. Luffy sets sail across the ocean with his crew, meeting new characters and creating friendships along his journey. The anime incorporates adventure, action, and comedy in each episode, making it worth watching.  

Honestly, it’s good to have a laugh when you’re getting stressed. It helps with relieving your mind from the mountains of schoolwork, even one episode is a nice break to add to your day.  

Lisa Uddin

Temple '25

Hi, my name is Lisa! I am a current staff writer and secretary at Her Campus Temple. I cover topics related to healthcare, beauty, and any relevant news on the media or at Temple’s campus. I am a junior, Health Information Management student at Temple University. Beyond Her Campus, I am involved various clubs such as Period and Temple’s Health Information Management Student Association (HIMSA). I am the social media manager for HIMSA, and create content for the club on X and instagram. I have a strong passion for poetry, and I enjoy immersing myself in literature during my leisure hours. Whether it's delving into poetic works or writing my own short poems.