This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Banana bread

This recipe comes from Food & Wine and it is titled as their “perfect banana bread every time”. They were right, there’s no messing this up – I’ve tried. The best part about this recipe’s finished product is that the texture is just a tad bit spongier than other recipes that come out with a consistency that’s almost cake-like. My favorite way to eat this treat is with some butter and jam. If you’re feeling particularly bold, feel free to mix in some nuts or chocolate chips to really take your banana bread to the next level. 

Pumpkin Muffins

Nothing, and I mean nothing, says fall like pumpkins. Plus, the best part about these muffins are that you only need two ingredients! (no I’m not kidding it’s really just two) Add a 16 oz. can of pure pumpkin to one packet of boxed cake mix and that it is. Toss those bad boys into an oven preheated to 325 for 19 minutes and boom you have yourself some of the greatest, simplest muffins you’ll ever make. Another added bonus with this little recipe is you can use any cake mix you’d like. Spiced cake or yellow cake works great but the world is your oyster so feel free to try others as well.

Beer Bread 

Football is back and you know what that means… watch party food! This beer bread recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman’s recipe blog and similarly to our pumpkin friend is ridiculously easy to make. To really make this bread unforgettable, add in some shredded cheese or jalapeños to spice it up. Beer bread is great to eat warm but it’s also good the next day lightly toasted with some warm butter on top.

Apple Cider Donut Loaf Cake 

Nothing says fall like apple cider donuts. The sugary crunch on the outside, combined with moist and fluffy insides, creates the warm aroma of the perfect apple cider. This loaf cake is one of the best ways for you to use any extra apple cider that you’ll have around this fall. This cake takes about __ minutes to cook so drink some cider and throw on your favorite Halloween movie while you wait. Once out of the oven coat the loaf in cider glaze and dust with cinnamon sugar to finish it off. Best eaten with friends, this loaf cake will be all you talk about for days. 

Fall is cold so cozy up with some of these sweet (and savory, we see you beer bread!) treats. The days may be getting shorter, we don’t plan on letting that get us down. Staying warm and safe indoors will be made fun with warm apple cider and a slice of banana bread to fill you up. While social distancing is still important, you can still find ways to fill your time and have fun indoors with these fun fall favorites! Remember to stay safe and bake, bake, bake!

Sarah Rebl

Temple '21

Sarah Rebl is a senior at Temple University, pursuing a career in Communication Studies. She likes to read, cook, write, and hike in her free time.
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!