This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

“Beloved childhood star, singer, and actress Selena Gomez, and bestie Francia Raisa’s relationship has taken another turn years after an emotional kidney transplant. Read here to find out the history of friendship, beef and more!

Best Friends can be one of the greatest loves of life: they care about you and would do almost anything to help you out; even if it meant sacrificing something. Selena Gomez, our beloved childhood icon, has been battling lupus for a long time and in 2017, the disease was at its peak when she was in need of a kidney transplant. Now this is where the story begins; Francia Raisa, a star on the infamous show “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” is the one who graciously donated her kidney to longtime pal, Gomez, which was an emotional moment as the duo shared lots of kind words to one another. You would think after such a journey and years of friendship, they would be unbreakable, but that could not be any more wrong.

The demise started allegedly after the transplant, when Selena was apparently not taking the best care of her body. This upset Francia and caused a slight drift in their friendship. Fast forward to 2022, Selena debuts her documentary called “My Mind and Me,” which highlights things throughout the last couple of years, and was very emotional to watch. What really made the fallout known to the public was when Selena claimed that Taylor Swift was her “only real friend in the industry” which Francia reacted with a sarcastic comment under a post about it saying how “interesting” that was. This sparked fans to question why she was not mentioned or in the documentary at all which Selena retaliates by claiming she does not have to mention every person she knows.

So, it’s obvious that there is definitely tension between the two and they are not on the best terms, which is sad to hear. In my opinion, I do think that Selena should’ve at least mentioned her in the documentary because she did do a selfless thing, and I can definitely see why Francia would be a little bit hurt. Friendships, especially at certain levels, can be complicated at times. Hopefully, they will be able to patch things in the near future.

Currently, a junior at Temple University and apart of the Arts and entertainment section. i love books, fashion, movies, and naps, and a hardcore reality tv fanfic. A lover of aesthetically pleasing things, pink, and all things luxurious.