The Best Fall Makeup Launches

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It is officially fall and that means that it’s time to update your beauty regime. The season change is the perfect excuse to do a little shopping. It is important to introduce new products into your skin regime because your skin is adjusting to the new season. So, sit back with a cup of pumpkin spiced coffee and take notes on what you should have sitting on your dresser.

Prime Your Skin

Ambient just released a primer called Hourglass: Ambient Light Correcting Primer In Mood Light that is lightweight and color correcting. The review on Refinery29 says that, “it has an immediate blurring effect that slightly masks discoloration. I don’t know what kind of magic is in this tube, but ever since I started using it a few weeks ago, I need significantly less concealer and foundation.” There are three shades available on SpackNK for $44

Harry’s Shaving Gel

Summer may be over, but that is no excuse to walk around with hairy scary legs. We still have some sunny days ahead of us. As crazy as this  may sound, men’s shaving products are great beauty hacks. According to Refinery29 men’s shaving products are gentler and hydrate the skin. Harry’s shaving gel cost $5.99 at Target.

Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey

We cannot issue a list of new beauty staples without mentioning natural hair care. As the weather changes so does your scalp. Carol’s Daughter is a great natural hair care line for our curlfriends that may have issues with dandruff. This is a treatment that clarifies the scalp and can be used weekly. Self.com recommends that ladies wearing hair extensions and protective styles such as braids, can also use this product. Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Clarifying Scalp Treatment can be found on the Carol’s Daughter site for $12.99.

Nivea

Lip care is just as important as skin care. Nivea has a new chapstick called, A Kiss of Cherry Fruit Lip Care. This product will keep your lips feeling soft and perfectly moisturized for the perfect kiss. The chapstick is red tinted and is cherry flavored. The product is a great staple to keep in stock because it is enriched with almond oil. A Kiss of Cherry Fruit Lip Care can be purchased at Ulta for $2.99.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is good for the over achievers in the makeup world. Ladies, if you’re looking for a product that will allow you to apply your eyeliner precisely this is for you. The eyeliner is long lasting because it is  waterproof and smear proof. The liner has a felt tip brush for bolder lined eyes. To keep the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner up to par Sephora suggests to wipe the brush tip with a damp tissue to prevent build up. You can purchase the Kat Von D’s eye liner on the Sephora site for $20.

The colder weather brings more thoughts of experimenting with different makeup and beauty products. Your skin will need a little extra T.L.C. and you can put your favorite foundation on without sweating it off. Try some of these products or go exploring for your own personal favorites!

I am a student at Temple University and I aspire to be a Journalist. My passion in life is writing because I have the ability to express myself creatively through words. I enjoy writing poetry and I especially enjoy being a staff writer for the Fashion and Beauty section for Her Campus Temple! My missions in life are to be an inspiration to young girls, help others, and encourage young women and girls to feel beautiful!
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.