This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

We have all been there, those days when we just want to lay in bed and mindlessly watch something to cheer us up. In these times, I typically reach for movies that I have watched countless times and have a distinct lighthearted feel to them. Here are some movies to watch for when you’ve already watched you go to comfort movies. 

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

This movie is one that I can’t stay in a bad mood watching. Ferris’ confidence makes you learn how to let go a little bit more and start living your life. Not to mention, it has an iconic musical number. If you want to get out of my own head, I recommend watching this movie.

Grease

My personal sick day favorite. I have watched this movie countless times, and the nostalgia feeling it brings me can not be beat. This musical is a perfect comfort movie choice as the music numbers are by far the best out of any musical. The fairytale-like ending makes it a perfect feel-good pick.

Legally Blonde

You can never go wrong with a Reese Witherspoon movie. Playing the iconic Elle Woods, Witherspoon perfectly plays the role and makes the movie a hilarious classic. Watching Elle’s character development from a girl who takes on law school for a guy to graduating top of her class never gets old. 

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Steve Carell will forever be my favorite actor. Everything he is in tends to make me crack up. His performance along with the amazing chemistry between Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling makes this movie a go-to.

If you have exhausted your personal list of comfort movies, I encourage you to go for one of these. You can never go wrong with these light-hearted favorites. No matter if it’s just a rainy day or if you are going through a hard time, these movies are bound to bring up your spirits.

I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!