Bastille Set to Rock Liacouras Center this Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Couldn’t get enough of our fall concert lineup? Well, be sure to check out this London based band, Bastille, who will be making their way to Temple’s Liacouras Center on October 7 at 8 p.m. This is an exciting opportunity for fans to check them out and for those who have never seen them in concert before.

If you are unfamiliar with Bastille, they are an all male rock ensemble. The group is named after Bastille Day, which marks the beginning of the French Revolution. Here’s a fun fact: The mastermind behind Bastille is Dan Smith, whose birthday also falls on Bastille Day (July 14).  Other members of the band include Chris “Woody” Wood, William Farquarson and Kyle Simmons.

After dropping their Laura Palmer EP, Bastille dropped hit singles such as the UK chart topping “Pompeii,” “Flaws,” and “Of the Night.” The band sold millions of copies of their debut album, Bad Blood. In 2013, “Pompeii” and “Bad Blood” topped the U.K. charts, respectively. After achieving major success with Bad Blood they released a deluxe version of the album titled, All This Bad Blood

Bastille was nominated for British Album of The Year, British Single of the Year and British Group. If this isn’t enough to make you want to check them out, then I’m not sure what will be.

If you’re sold on Bastille, be sure to purchase your tickets at the Liacouras Center since it is quickly approaching. Rock on! 

Caitlin Byrd is originally from Washington, DC. She is a criminal justice major and an aspiring attorney. She loves to meet new people and writing is one of her favorite hobbies. 
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.