From Arenas to Stadiums, Ed Sheeran Announces a 2018 North American Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Ed Sheeran will be hitting the road and traveling to North America next year for a stadium tour for his newest album, Divide.

The 26-year-old singer/songwriter, who recently announced “Perfect” as his newest single, surprised fans with the news on Friday, September 22nd. Sheeran announced the news to his Sheerios through a video on Instagram with the caption, “First batch of North America Stadium shows announced today, go to www.edsheeran.com for the list and to register for the fan pre-sale x.”

As of right now, there are fifteen shows on Sheeran’s tour, but he is expected to announce more dates soon.

One of the stops on Sheeran’s tour is at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. He was supposed to stop in this city just a little over a week ago on September 17, but chose to cancel the performance for safety reasons. According to Rolling Stone, this was following the protests over the acquittal of police officer Jason Stockley in the 2011 shooting and death of Anthony Lamar Smith.

When Sheeran cancelled this show, he released a statement that said he would try to return to the city in 2018, and he did not disappoint.

Wondering if your favorite Englishman is coming to the city of Brotherly Love? The answer is YES. Ed Sheeran will be hitting the stage at Lincoln Financial Field, the home of the Temple Owls (and the Philadelphia Eagles…details, details) on September 27, 2018.

Fans can register now for the presale that begins on October 16. Tickets will go on sale to the public on October 20.

Look below to see where else Sheeran is heading:

August 18 – Pasadena, CA @ Rose Bowl Stadium
August 25 – Seattle, WA @ CenturyLink Field
August 30 – Toronto, ON @ rogers Centre
September 6 – St. Louis, MO @ Busch Stadium
September 15 – Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium
September 22 – East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium
September 27 – Philadelphia, PA @ Lincoln Financial Field (!!!!!!)
October 13 – Kansas City, MO @ Arrowhead Stadium
October 17 – Fargo, ND @ Fargodo
October 20 – Minneapolis, MN @ U.S. Bank Stadium
October 27 – Dallas, TX @ AT&T Stadium
October 31 – New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome
November 3 – Houston, TX @ Minute Maid Park
November 7 – Tampa, FL @ Raymond James Stadium
November 10 – Atlanta, GA @ Mercedes-Benz Stadium

To find out more information, visit EdSheeran.com.

Lisa Cunningham is currently a sophomore Journalism major at Temple University. When she is not listening to music, living it up at a concert or hanging with friends, Cunningham loves to write about all things relate to pop culture!
Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus