Alexander Wang’s Gothic Fall Ready To Wear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Alexander Wang had a spectacular show this past Saturday, February 14 with literally everyone who means anything showing up despite the cold temperatures.

The first 22 looks of the show were entirely black with no exceptions other than a few bits and pieces of hardcore hardware.

The leading few ensembles dawned chains, studs and leather. There was a strong 90’s grunge feel, but not in the way that’s been overdone. It was fresh and interesting with chunky combat boots and the model’s sporting greasy, stringy hair stuck to their foreheads.

In typical grunge fashion came a few pairs of glorified (and fabulous) pajama pieces. One model wore a silk robe with embellished platform sandals while another wore a two piece pajama set made out of the same whimsical material.

About half way through the lineup Wang switched up the color palette by adding a plaid red jacket and blood red combat boots to his looks.

The show finished out with a beautiful two-piece with crop top and high waisted maxi skirt with fringes at the bottom followed by see-through dresses with interesting black lining covering the breasts.

Savannah is a graduate of Temple University, now pursuing her lifelong dream of living in NYC. She enjoys perusing second-hand books stores, staring at the work of Egon Schiele, and listening to Keith Richards shred his electric guitar.
Lindsey is a senior magazine journalism major at Temple University. After she graduates in May she hopes to return to NYC, which she fell in love with this summer during her ASME internship at Real Simple magazine.