Aaron Carter Gets Spooky in Philly for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.
On Halloween night Aaron Carter brought his “Wonderful World Tour” to District N9ne in Philly, and he showed the crowd that he’s more dedicated to his music than ever before.

The show opened with performances from three opening acts. Tyler Layne, Liberty Deep Down and Corey Balsamo pumped up the costumed crowd with both original songs and covers, before Aaron took the stage.

Dressed in a Jason Voorhees mask and a pair of “bloody” overalls, Carter made his way into the audience to interact with his fans before jumping on stage and getting right into some of his new music.

After trading in his Halloween mask for a hat, Aaron waved and said hello to familiar faces in the audience. Then with his two dancers at his side, he performed the first throwback of the night. “Aaron’s Party” was one of the highlights of the show, and the crowd loved every second of it. He finished the song with the help of the audience, and then transitioned once again into some newer music.

Aaron interacted with the audience several times throughout the show, and the fans sang along with him every chance they got. A new song called “What Would You Do For Me” got a huge reaction from the crowd, as did several other new songs, which will presumably be on his next album.

Although the majority of the concert material was new, nostalgia did make its way into the show a few more times. Aaron performed other past hits including “I Want Candy,” “To All the Girls” and “Another Earthquake.” Some of the original choreography was used as well.

Aaron finished out the show on a high note, performing his new single “Ooh Wee” for the hyped up crowd. After thanking the fans and wishing everyone a goodnight, Aaron went back stage. Fans immediately started chanting for an encore, and Aaron quickly gave them what they wanted. He sang a relatively new song titled “Let Go,” and the “Aaronators” couldn’t have been happier.

After once again saying Happy Halloween and goodnight, Aaron left the stage and the crowd of people in their assorted costumes either left the venue, or went to purchase merchandise and mingle with the opening acts. Chatter about the performance could be heard all over, and there is no doubt that Aaron Carter’s Philadelphia fan base will be anxiously awaiting his next concert in the city.

Shauna is a senior journalism major at Temple. She loves keeping up to date with pop culture, and hopes to get into the entertainment news field after graduation. Her other interests include coffee, shopping, binge watching Sex and the City, going to concerts, and everything Britney Spears.
Lindsey is a senior magazine journalism major at Temple University. After she graduates in May she hopes to return to NYC, which she fell in love with this summer during her ASME internship at Real Simple magazine.