7 Christmas Albums to Get You in the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s that time of year again.

The holidays are right around the corner, which means it’s time to get out your mistletoe and bright colored lights. To get you into the holiday spirit, here are some Christmas albums (both new and classic) to play on repeat this holiday season.

1. Merry Christmas by Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey, the queen of holiday music, should always be on your playlist this time of year, or any time of the year, really. Her album, Merry Christmas, was released in 1994 and has one of the most iconic covers of a Christmas classic, “All I Want for Christmas Is You.” The album features other Christmas anthems such as “O Holy Night,” “Silent Night,” and “Joy to The World.”

2. Sounds of the Season: The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection by Taylor Swift

The EP has 6 songs, most of them are covers and an original called, “Christmas Must Be Something More.” “Santa Baby” is often played on the radio stations during the season. Definitely a favorite! The album was recorded before Taylor moved to pop music so it has a country vibe to it.

3. The Beach Boys Christmas Album by The Beach Boys

Even though they sing about being on the beach and living it up in the summertime, their Christmas songs are equally as good as their usual sounds. The album also includes Christmas classics such as “Little Saint Nick,” “Frosty the Snowman,” and more.

4. Christmas by Michael Bublé

If you go into any retail store this season, you’ll probably hear one of Bublé’s covers of Christmas songs. There have been many jokes about Bublé and how we only hear his Christmas music instead of his regular music. His other albums are very good too.           

5. Christmas and Chill by Ariana Grande

In 2015, Ariana revealed a small Christmas EP with some of her own Christmas songs she put together. She also puts her own twist on Christmas classics. I definitely recommend it for any pop fans. Another Christmas song by Ariana that I recommend, which isn’t actually on this album, is “Santa Tell Me.”

6. That’s Christmas to Me by Pentatonix

In 2015, a cappella group Pentatonix released their second Christmas album. They have two others. PTXmas was their first Christmas album, and A Pentatonix Christmas was the most recent one that came out a few weeks ago. All three albums have different Christmas songs featured, and they use no instruments, only their voices, which is totally unique and different.

7. Wrapped in Red by Kelly Clarkson

The first American Idol winner, Kelly Clarkson, released her first full length Christmas album in October of 2013 and is still slaying with her songs “Wrapped in Red” and “Underneath The Tree.” The album consists a mixture of covers and new songs.

Sit back and relax while you turn on some of these fun holiday albums while studying for finals, writing those last research papers, or helping cook Thanksgiving dinner. Happy holidays!   

Ashley is a senior journalism major at Temple University. She loves music, concerts, and celebrities. She loves to write all things fashion, lifestyle, and pop culture! Instagram: ashleygale23