6 Ways To Switch Up Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s a new semester and everyone is looking for a fresh start.

Because this is the semester I’ll finally put effort into my outfits, right? Start off this semester with a wardrobe that actually makes you excited to get up in the morning and go to class. I know we all have a long list of textbooks to be bought, but your wardrobe is waiting to get a switch up. Here are 6 ways to spice up your closet: 

1. Stock Up on Graphic Tees

T-Shirts are obviously an essential to anyone’s wardrobe, but switch up the neutral colors for a saying or logo. PacSun and Urban Outfitters has so many totally adorable graphic tees that you can tuck into skirts and shorts to dress them up.

2. Trade Jeans for Trousers

I get a little bit of closet envy every time I walk past someone on campus wearing printed pants. Whether they are more tailored or flowy these pants are such a cute way to switch it up from the basic jeans or leggings. You can get them for really cheap at places like Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe if you just want to try them out to see if the trend is for you.

3. Add Some Color

Gravitating towards black and white clothes is something a lot of people are guilty of… myself included. Mix up your wardrobe with a magenta skirt or a bright pair of shoes to make a regular outfit brighter.

4. Ask Your Friends

If you’re looking to switch up your wardrobe chances are there are a few pieces of clothing you just won’t wear anymore. Ask your best friends if they have any items they feel the same about and exchange. Swapping sweaters with your suite mate is an exciting and free way to get some new clothes into your collection. If they aren’t into the idea they would probably love to join you on a mall trip.

5. Accessorize

This seems like the answer to adding excitement to any outfit that needs it. Sometimes it’s the little things that make your outfit more stylish. You can go big or stick to simple accessories. Belts, necklaces, scarves and even sunglasses are great to keep handy in your closet for those days your outfit needs a little something extra.

6. Let Your Coat Do the Talking

Maybe the easiest way to add to your new and improved closet? Buy a staple jacket. It’s what’s on the inside that counts…unless you’re wearing a brightly colored, fuzzy jacket. Trade in your parka for something eye-catching.

After surviving 2017, we all deserve to treat ourselves to something new.

All of these items can be added to your already existing, fabulous wardrobe. You don’t have to throw everything out and start from scratch, but putting in a few of these pieces will give you the fresh start you need this semester. Happy shopping!

Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!