Wellness > Sex + Relationships

6 Things To Do With Your Significant Other During The Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Everyone loves the holiday szn, you know, unless you’re the Grinch before the infamous “heart expanding” scene. And it’s probably agreed upon that winter is even better with a special someone to get cozy with. It can be tough to get creative with dates during the frigid weather, but that’s where I come in: Here are six activities and dates you can do with your boo during the cold but cuddly winters.

Ice Skating

Go to your local ice rink and skate like lovers in an Olympic ice routine. If neither of you know how to skate, this might be more of a challenge. But, if one of you does, teaching the other can be fun and a great bonding experience. Plus, falling down together will create a bunch of funny stories (those bruises are worth it IMO).

Blanket Fort and Movie Night

We are taking it back to our childhood blanket fort days because who decided that we have to stop when we grow up? Grab a bunch of blankets and get building! In the spirit of the holiday season, I recommend some classic holiday movies. But, with the release of Disney+, I’d binge watch a show or a Disney movie with my S.O. Good thing they make holiday Disney movies because you can get the best of both worlds!

Gameday and Snacks

No, not watching sports, unless that’s something you both would enjoy, of course. I’m talking Monopoly, Uno, Battleship and Connect Four — to name a few. If you want to make it a little more exciting: make it a group date! Make this a double or even triple date with some other couples or even just a friend group. Buy or make a boatload of snacks and crank out that Cards Against Humanity. Play in teams, — may the best couple win!

Baking Date

You can go for your classic cookies and brownies or get ~creative~ for the season. Look up those fancy treat tutorials you find on the explore page of your Instagram and get baking! Not only is this a good time, but maybe you can turn this into a game-day too and have your baked goods as your snacks.

See a light show

Get your cute couple holiday Instagram post by looking up some local spots where you can watch fun light shows — holiday themed, of course. With a mesmerizing light show, your S.O. won’t be the only stunner in sight.

Do… nothing. Seriously.

I’m not even kidding. If you’re both within each other’s company but are too lazy to do anything, don’t. Grab a giant blanket, cuddle up and maybe nap? Yeah, napping is good.

To those who have a  S.O. during the holiday season, take advantage of the cold weather and stay as close as possible. What better way to get closer than to cozy up and spend more personal time together? Have fun you love birds!
Bryanna Santos is a graduate of Temple University who earned a degree in Communication Studies with a minor in Content Creation. She has happily been the Campus Life Editor for most of her college career and mainly focused on lifestyle and advice articles. Her favorite advice articles revolve around love & relationships.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.