5 Reasons to Watch This Season of ‘The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

“The Challenge” just wrapped up its 31st season, “The Challenge: Vendettas” (congrats to winner, Cara Maria), and immediately jumped into a new season of its spin-off show, “The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars,” which began on MTV just a few weeks ago.

When professional athletes competed against The Challenge Champs in the first season, the show was intense and full of friendly (or not-so friendly) competition. Then, the second season featured a cast of “Stars” and unfortunately proved that the Champs are well, THE Champs because the Stars only won one challenge.

When I heard that the third season was airing, I was very curious to see if MTV would try to switch things up and give the Stars more of a chance to win, and they did. Now I’m even more excited to watch week after week, and here are just a few reasons why…

1.)   The teams are mixed with Champs AND Stars

Last season, there were two teams, one consisting of “Champs” and the other with “Stars,” but it didn’t go too well. This season, MTV decided to switch things up and make it so that each team had a fair mix of Champs and Stars. It’ll be interesting to see if this levels out the playing field, or if the Champs will somehow still come out on top.

2.)  The lineup of Stars is iconic

Drake Bell, Lil Mama, Hennessy Carolina and so many more make up the diverse list of Stars competing on the show. If the first episode told us anything, it’s that this season is going to be full of opinions CLASHING. We’ve already seen some bickering between the Champs and the Stars, making it clear that both teams are full of strong personalities.

3.)    There are new charities that each cast member is playing for

In case you didn’t know, each person competing is trying to win money for their charity. This means that with new cast members, come new charities. People are passionate about their charities, which makes the grand prize that much more coveted. I can’t wait to learn more about the charities that these contestants care about!

4.) Champs vs. Stars always brings new and fun challenges!

One thing that’s exciting about this spin-off show is that MTV does a mixture of classic challenges with some new crazy ones. It’ll be exciting to see what challenges are done on this season of the show.

5.) The Champs might have met their match with this cast of Stars

*SPOILER ALERTS AHEAD*

It was clear from the first episode that the Champs were trying to look out for their fellow Champs for as long as possible, but a recent episode proved that this might not be as easy as they had hoped. Dare I say it, the Champs might have met their match! The Stars caught on to what they were doing quickly and snapped back, eliminating Kam! I’m so intrigued to see if this cast of Stars can outsmart the Champs, or if they’ll be unsuccessful yet again.

You can watch “The Challenge: Champs vs. Stars” Tuesdays at 9 on MTV!

Lisa Cunningham is currently a sophomore Journalism major at Temple University. When she is not listening to music, living it up at a concert or hanging with friends, Cunningham loves to write about all things relate to pop culture!