This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Being in college has its perks (the independence, social life, etc), but just as it has its perks, it has its downsides. One of those downsides is that it can be really hard to find some quiet alone time to just take a breath. College can be hectic for many reasons, and with the semester coming to an end in less than a month, you may feel overwhelmed with trying to finish strong. So I compiled this list of five quiet places on campus, great for taking a moment to relax (or study) and get away from all the craziness.

Tuttleman Fourth Floor

Located on the 4th floor of Tuttleman Learning Center is the Owl’s Nest, a great quiet spot with a few comfy chairs, tables, and a few computers and printers. I personally love this spot as it has a few comfy chairs, facing the large windows, allowing you to kind of isolate yourself within the lounge. This spot can be hit or miss in terms of how crowded it is (it really depends on the time and day) but if you find it too packed for your liking, try to go just a floor below, as the 3rd floor has a similar lounge area.

Presser Practice Rooms

The practice rooms in Presser Hall have been recommended to me by friends multiple times as a good place to take a minute and collect your thoughts. There are 16 practice rooms a

Alter 7th Floor

The 7th floor of Alter Hall is yet another wonderful quiet space to go unless there is a speaker, the floor is almost always pretty empty. It’s filled with couches and desks, but the best part hands down might be the breathtaking view of the center city skyline. An ideal place to study or take a moment while also getting to look at a great view.

Student Center

On the second floor of the Student Center, tucked away, is an amazing study lounge with tons of comfy chairs and couches, as well as desks. It’s a lesser-known place to study (I didn’t even know about until this semester) and as a result, it tends to not be terribly crowded and a great quiet place. What’s even better is after you’ve cleared your head or gotten some work done there, food places like Chick-fil-a and BurgerFi are only a few feet away.

Upper Floors of Anderson & Gladfelter

The upper floors of Anderson and Gladfelter (specifically from about the 7th floor and up) have great little nooks and seating areas where you can find a free space to take a minute. One of my favorite areas is on the 8th floor of Gladfelter where I often sat on the window ledge to either take a minute for myself in between classes or done work. Additionally, many of the classrooms tend to be left unlocked in both buildings, so you can always step into a free classroom for a minute if you prefer to be alone.

With Temple being such a lively school with a large student population, it can be hard to find quiet space to take a moment to breathe from the insanity college can be. It’s always a good idea to take some time for yourself to collect your thoughts and not overwork yourself, especially as finals approach.

A sophomore media production major with a love for tea and thrift stores.
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!