XBadSkincareHabits HeroImage?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
XBadSkincareHabits HeroImage?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

The 5 Best Sunscreens for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Now that temperatures are rising, we are spending more and more time outdoors. Due to the pandemic, the general population has had less sun exposure than year’s past, making your skin more sensitive. Due to increased sensitivity, it is crucial you apply sunscreen to protect your skin from premature aging and more importantly skin cancer. Try out these five sunscreens to accompany your summer adventures!

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen Lotion SPF 55

This sunscreen is an awesome choice for a small budget. At only eight dollars, this product is a steal and can be picked up at your local drugstore. It is both oil free and water resistant. With its impressive SPF 55 coverage, you are sure to be protected if you continue reapplying based on your exposure.

EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Facial Sunscreen

This sunscreen is another amazing option. Top rated among dermatologists, this sunscreen is fragrance and paraben free, which is a great choice for sensitive skin. It is also formulated with hyaluronic acid, making it a good option for anyone who has acne-prone skin as well.

Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen, Sensitive SPF 30+

If you’ve got extremely sensitive skin, this is the sunscreen for you. Water resistant and free of all agitators, (chemicals, parabens, and fragrances), this sunscreen has it all. Additionally, the bottle turns blue when there is heavy UV exposure, which is a fun way to remind you to reapply.

Sun Bum Mineral SPF 50 Sunscreen Face Stick

If you’ve been looking for a good sunscreen face stick, this is the one for you. This option is a great choice, because it doesn’t leave you feeling oily or greasy. With a matte finish, this sunscreen rubs in perfectly while leaving your skin protected and feeling great!

Vanicream Lip Protectant and Sunscreen SPF 30

A lot of the time, it is easy to forget to protect your lips with SPF too. This lip balm with SPF is not only extremely gentle and free of harmful agitators, but is also water resistant for eighty minutes! The best part is that it’s only five dollars on Amazon!

After this long and difficult year, it is only right to go outside and enjoy the sun. With these sunscreens, you can enjoy your summer days minus the sunburn!

Taylor is currently a freshman Journalism major at Temple University. Outside of school, you can find her rewatching tv shows, cooking chili, or dancing.
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!