5 Best-dressed Stars at the 2013 Emmy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Television’s hottest shows Breaking Bad and Modern Family may have been the big winners at Sunday night’s 65th annual Primetime Emmy Awards, but the best-dressed leading ladies that strutted down the red carpet definitely need shout-outs of their own as well.

While there weren’t many outrageously wild ensembles worn to this year’s Emmys, these five TV starlets still shined in the spotlight wearing simple, yet elegant gowns.

Kaley Cuoco

The Big Bang Theory star stunned in a deep wine-colored strapless Vera Wang gown on Sunday. Take note: Oxblood red is always the color for fall!

Taylor Schilling

The leading lady of our favorite made-for-Netflix show Orange is the New Black wore a white, custom-made Thakoon dress to the Emmys. The cut is simple, but the halter neckline freshens up the design and the front slit gives the gown an extra edge.

Christina Hendricks

Even though the Emmys is a night to laud the best in television, the gorgeous Mad Men actress looked like a Hollywood vixen walking down the red carpet. Some stars may deter from wearing black to award shows, but Christina showed the other girls how to do it right in an elegant Christian Siriano design.

Anna Gunn

Breaking Bad won big on the Emmys stage and on the red carpet! Anna won this year’s “Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” Emmy for her role as Skyler White on the hit AMC show. She looked absolutely radiant accepting her award in a black and white Romona Keveza gown.

Kerry Washington

Of course, it wouldn’t be a best-dressed list without the talented and beautiful Kerry Washington, who recently was named People magazine’s Best Dressed Woman of 2013. The Scandal star and nominee for “Actress in a Drama Series” wore an ethereal Marchesa gown straight from the New York Fashion Week runway.

Photos from Huffington Post/Getty Images

Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.