4 Female Artists We’re Loving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

These past few years have been about girl power, girl power, and more GIRL POWER.

We’re in a new generation of change, my friends, and these female artists not only make me feel like an even stronger woman, but they also inspire me to follow my dreams with their songs and stories of fame.

Whether you need some new songs to sing along to in the shower, something new to add to your spotify playlist, or another dope artist to obsess over this month, here are some female artist we are loving.

Charlotte Lawrence

Charlotte Lawrence, at only 18 years young, has had one DREAMY career. She not only is signed by IMG models, she also has an angelic voice. Her vocals allowed her to drop her first song, “The Finish Line,” in 2014.

Since then, she has not only released countless other singles, but she also dropped an EP called “Young” with some of her newest and hottest hits.

Lawrence was born and raised in Los Angeles by parents who were involved in the acting industry (her father is a screenwriter/producer and her mom is an actress.) She is definitely someone you want to add to your playlist.

Current favs by Charlotte: “Wait Up” & “Sleep Talking”

Billie Eilish

Don’t know Billie? You’ve definitely heard her hits.

Her songs have been played in movies such as The Hate U Give, Everything Everything and in a variety of TV soaps including The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, The Originals and many others.

In an interview with BBC News in 2017, Eilish mentioned that she was 13 years old when her career skyrocketed. That was moments after she and her brother (a.k.a her producer) released her song, “Oceans Eyes,” on soundcloud.

Now, Eilish is 16 years old and has already been on tour, on Ellen, and has even dropped songs with Vance Staples and Khalid.

Not only does her voice give me the goosebumps, but her style is so amazingly unique. She better make the books for the next pop fashion icon.

Current Favs by Billie: “Ocean Eyes” & “Bellyache”

LÉON

This rising pop artist is actually from Sweden and just like Billie Eilish, she had a song skyrocket and propagate on Soundcloud called “Tired of Talking”.

According to an interview with Glamour, her song was listened to all over the world and even got nearly 20 million listens on Spotify. Her indie pop tunes are so catchy and unique that you’ll wish you could get on stage and sing with her.

Current Favs by LÉON: “Tired of Talking” & “Nobody Cares”

Kiana Ledé Brown

Remember Kidz Bop? Well, Kiana actually was a winner of their Kidz Star competitions in 2012 and since then has made a name for herself in the music industry. She has also starred as an actress in some movies and has continued her acting with roles in some other films and shows.

This vocal queen has mastered the soul/R&B genre. If you have not heard her yet, you should. Also, if you have seen Fifty Shades Freed, you may have heard one of her most-mtreamed songs on Spotify, “Big Spender” Ft. Prince Charlez, with 14,815,815 streams.

Current Favs by Kiana: “EX” & “Big Spender”

With music ranging from indie to soul, these young ladies prove that you can follow any dream.

Not only do their stories prove so, but their music is just as inspiring. With songs about love, lust, loss, pain, and happiness, you can find something for almost any mood.

With that being said, crank up that speaker, and sing your heart out during your next car ride or for your night in or out.
I am a full time student (class of 2022!) at Temple University and part time model in NYC. I love all things related to fashion, feminism, food, travel, books, and media.