4 DIY Spa Tricks To Try At Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

After a long week of working and school, a relaxing weekend is the ideal weekend. Unfortunately, fancy spa‘s are quite expensive. If you’re on a budget, a D.I.Y spa day at home is a great way to go because you will have the convenience of being in the comfort of your home, it is inexpensive, and you will only need a few simple items to create a luxurious spa day!

A chic spa will pamper you from head to toe, so the focus of your D.I.Y. spa should be the same. It is important to de-stress and relieve your body of tension. The significance of a spa is to serve as a getaway. To maximize your at home spa experience try riding yourself of all outside distractions such as the TV and your phone. After, this experience your body will definitely thank you later.

Aromatherapy

Pull out those scented candles that have been collecting dust in your bathroom candle and put them to use! Place them all over your bathroom and bedroom to set an intimate scene. Candles can create a sense of solitude when you are tuning out the world to get in tune with yourself. Candles also represent peace and tranquility, which is a MUST when you’re riding yourself of weeks worth of stress. Candles will help restore the light back into your life.

At Home Facial

Once the candles are set you want to focus on how you will relieve your body of stress. Conveniently, you may have items in your cabinet that you can use to make a facial in your kitchen. According to Health.com, the D.I.Y. honey facial soothes your skin and also aids in moisture retention. Honey is the only ingredient that you will need. The trick is to heat up the honey on a low setting, apply it to the skin for 15 minutes, and rinse with warm water and cool water.

Bathing in Essential Oils

The next step is to apply your favorite essential oils to your bath water. A few essential oils to keep handy are olive oil and coconut oil. Beauty and Tips says that olive oil, adding a few drops of olive oil in your bath water will soothe your body and make your skin soft. Ehow says that adding coconut oil to your bath water will also soften your skin and will also help with dry skin conditions such as psoriasis. The essential oils can be purchased at your local Whole Foods Market.

Final Relaxation Bits

To maximize your experience you can sit your towel and socks on the radiator so that your body is engulfed in warmth once you step out of the tub. Then, a nice cup of your favorite tea will also help to calm your nerves. Lastly, you can use one of your favorite lotions to further retain the moisture in your body. As the bath water runs out of the tub, let the candles burn out on their own as you settle in for a good night’s rest.

I am a student at Temple University and I aspire to be a Journalist. My passion in life is writing because I have the ability to express myself creatively through words. I enjoy writing poetry and I especially enjoy being a staff writer for the Fashion and Beauty section for Her Campus Temple! My missions in life are to be an inspiration to young girls, help others, and encourage young women and girls to feel beautiful!
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.