3 Highly Anticipated Holiday Music Releases

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With the holidays around the corner, new music releases are currently in the works. From Beyoncé to Nicki Minaj, and even possibly Rihanna, these artists are having the internet buzzing about their upcoming projects. We can’t wait to hear what they’ve been cooking up in the studio.

Last December, Beyoncé surprised fans everywhere with her self-titled visual album. This year, fans can expect a re-release of the album, along with a few bonus tracks, and a DVD set. Mrs. Carter is prepping a four disc platinum edition, which is rumored to include footage from both her and Jay-Z’s On The Run Tour, and her own Mrs. Carter Show World Tour.  Because the diva is full of surprises, it is hard to say what we can definitely expect from the release, however, it should be exciting nonetheless. It is slated to hit shelves on November 24, just in time for Black Friday.

“Anaconda” singer Nicki Minaj has been promoting her album The Pinkprint, which was originally scheduled for release in November. The follow-up to her 2012 album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, was pushed back to December 15.  It will include the singles “Pills N Potions,” “Anaconda,” and “Only” featuring Drake, Lil’ Wayne, and Chris Brown.

With Rihanna’s return to Instagram this past week and her Elle magazine spread, excitement about Rihanna’s return to music has also been highly awaited. It has been two years since the release of her last album, Unapologetic. She has been hinting at the album title, R8, for quite some time. Although she has not made any official announcements, fans are hoping she plans to release a single in the near future.

Look out for these releases and make sure you grab one in time for the holidays!

Caitlin Byrd is originally from Washington, DC. She is a criminal justice major and an aspiring attorney. She loves to meet new people and writing is one of her favorite hobbies. 
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.