This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Finding time to make it to the gym this time of year is tough. School is overwhelming and going to the gym is getting harder and harder to fit into my schedule. However, I do have about 15 minutes for an ab workout in my room, and it’s also a great excuse to take a break from the laptop. 

Try to do this circuit 20 reps x 3 times. Feel free to ramp it up as well!  

Raised Leg Crunches: Tones your lower and middle abs. 

Lie flat on your back and raise your legs. Have your legs form a 90-degree angle up in the air. Crunch up and try to have your hands touch your feet. Try to get your shoulder blades off the ground. 

Bicycle Crunches: Tones your middle and upper abs.

Sit down on the floor and keep your shoulders high and lower back up higher, so your bum is just placed on the floor. Put your hands on your head, and your legs should be lifted up. Then, in a bicycle motion, cycle your legs back and forth, like you’re riding a bicycle. Crunch left and right, trying to get your elbow to your opposite knee. 

Starfish Crunches: Tones arms, core, and legs.

Lie on the floor like a starfish, legs spread out straight and hands above your head. Kick your left leg up, and make your right hand touch your left foot. Then, try again on the other side, lifting up your right leg, and left hand touching your right foot. Kick up your left leg again and go back and forth on either side.

This circuit will have your abs on fire! Try a couple times a week, whenever you need a break from finals prep. It isn’t my typical gym routine, but it helps me stay on track with my goals and not get completely behind. It makes me feel good about doing a little something to get out of my chair! 

Hi! My name is Madeline, I'm a sophomore and I'm a Media Studies and Production Major. I'm from South Jersey and I spent most of the summer down the shore. I am either in complete beach mode or complete city mode. I see myself living in the city at one point of my life and would also love to have a beach house of my own when I’m older. My surroundings and atmosphere that I’m in really reflect my mood and day to day life. I love to hangout with friends, read, do yoga, and I just recently learned how to surf and got into running! :)