20 Times ‘Gossip Girl’ Perfectly Captured College Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Hello Upper East Siders or should I say North Philly Siders? To be honest, that really does not have the same ring to it. We all know that the college experience is a combination of fun, struggles and well… the occasional class. But what you didn’t know is that your favorite binge-worthy show, “Gossip Girl” is much more like your life than you’ve realized.

1.       When you’re a college freshman and you haven’t found your people yet

2.       But you eventually find where you belong and end up making the best of friends

3.       You have each other’s backs even when girls try to start drama

4.       When you hit the jungle juice a little too hard

5.       And when you realize that relationships aren’t all like the movies

6.       You find out quickly that 2 a.m. texts do not equal love

7.       So your friend gives you a much-needed pep talk

8.       When you landed your first internship

9.       And when you see what freshmen are calling clothes these days

10.   But then you meet a guy who proves that not all guys are the same

11.   And for the first time you understand why sonnets are written about love

12.   You slowly, but surely become that couple

13.   And sometimes you have to remind other girls that he is taken

14.   And even if it doesn’t last forever, you don’t regret it

15.   When your friend doesn’t tell you she’s going home for the weekend

16.   You remember after graduation you won’t have to have awkward run ins with old hook-ups

17.   You also remember how truly #blessed you are to have met your friends

18.   When you regret scheduling that 8 a.m.

19.   Graduation doesn’t scare you because you’re ready to tackle the real world

20.   After all, there’s only one… you

Paulina is the former Arts & Entertainment Editor at Her Campus Temple University. She is a senior Journalism major and Sociology minor, who plans to pursuse a career in magazines after graduation. She enjoys anything relating to current events, pop culture and inspirational quotes. She can most likely be found watching Netflix, taking Buzzfeed quizzes or trying out new restaurants in Philadelphia. You can follow Paulina on Twitter & Instagram @paulinajayne15
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.