18 Things in Pop Culture to Look Forward to in 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Let’s face it, 2017 was just a bad year in general. Between new power in the White House, terrorist attacks, the Hollywood sexual assault scandal, and natural disasters, 2017 should just be left in the past.

2018 has just started and it’s already looking up. Although we can never forget about the events in 2017 that changed the nation, we can look to the future with a positive mindset.

Here are 18 things in pop culture to look forward to this year:

1. Justin Timberlake’s New Album

Man of the Woods will be the fourth solo studio album from Timberlake. The 16-track LP will be released on February 2nd. “Filthy,” the lead single, was released on January 5th. This album is inspired by JT’s family and his Memphis roots.

2. Super Bowl Halftime Show

Two days after Timberlake’s album drops, he takes the stage at the Super Bowl LII Halftime Show. This is his first time headlining and it will be great promotion for the new album. Will Janet Jackson or *NSYNC make an appearance? Tune in on February 4th to find out.

3. Celebrity Big Brother

After 19 seasons, Big Brother US is finally bringing celebrities into the house. Unlike previous seasons, this winter edition will take place over 3 weeks with an episode almost every day. Julie Chen will also be back to host. Tune in to CBS on February 7th to find out who is in the house this season.

4. The Winter Olympics

Starting on February 8th, athletes from all over the world will compete for gold in South Korea.

5. Frozen on Broadway

Join Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff and Sven as they take on Broadway. Disney’s latest production is set to be a smash hit, so get your tickets now before they sell out. The show starts February 22nd at the St. James Theater in New York.

6. P!nk’s Beautiful Trauma Tour

Starting March 1st, P!nk will be flipping into her stadium tour. After the success of her latest album, fans can expect a fun night filled with classic hits, new songs, and plenty of aerial work that will leave them speechless.

7. American Idol Returns

After 15 seasons, Ryan Seacrest is back to host the popular singing TV show. This time, American Idol will be broadcasted on ABC, with Lionel Richie, Katy Perry and Luke Bryan as judges. Will you be the next American Idol?

8. Another British is Coming!

William and Kate are welcoming their third child in April. There were rumors that Kate was expecting twins, but they proved to be false. We can’t wait until April to see the new royal who will be 5th in line to the throne.

9. The Reputation Stadium Tour

Are you ‘Ready for It’? In support of her record-breaking album, Taylor Swift will travel to stadiums across the world to perform her biggest hits. Which celebrities will make appearances this time? Find out starting on May 8th

10. Prince Harry Gets Hitched

Just one month after his brother has his third child, Prince Harry will get married to American actress Meghan Markle. Get your hats and tea ready and watch the world’s most eligible bachelor become a husband on May 19th.

11. Toy Story Land Opens

This summer, Disney World’s Hollywood Studios is celebrating the grand opening of Toy Story Land, where visitors can travel to infinity and beyond on the new Slinky Dog Dash roller coaster. The best part is that the attractions are doubled in size to make you feel like a toy in Andy’s room.

12. Incredibles 2

The long-awaited sequel hits theaters on June 15th. This time, it’s Elastigirl’s turn for the spotlight. The family film is sure to be a hit with kids and young adults.

13. Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are back and this time they are trying to save the dinosaurs….

14.  Ed Sheeran is Touring Again

The Divide Tour will kick off on August 18th at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. It’s bound to receive ‘Perfect’ reviews.

15. Fantastic Beasts 2 and the Crimes of Grindelwald

After the first installment by J.K. Rowling was a massive hit, she announced there would be four more movies. Instead of zoologist Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne), the sequel will focus on Gellert Grindelwald’s (Johnny Depp) rise to power and his relationship with Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law). The movie hits theaters on November 16th

16. Lady Gaga is Moving to Vegas

GaGa is starting her Las Vegas residency in December. After cancelling her tour because of fibromyalgia pain, fans will be excited to see Mother Monster take the stage again.

17. Mary Poppins Returns

Emily Blunt is cast to reprise the role of the British nanny, Mary Poppins. Take your spoonful of sugar and head to the theater this Christmas to see the classic story come to life again. It’s sure to be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

18. Amanda Bynes Returns to Acting

After becoming sober, Amanda Bynes is back and ready to hit the big screen again. Her last role was in 2010’s Easy A. Since then, she has been attending fashion school, which she graduated from this year. Now that she’s done with school, Bynes said she would love to return to her acting roots. It’s great to see her happy and healthy again and I can’t wait to see her back on the big screen.

What are you most looking forward to in 2018?