Well Owls, we *barely* survived the first three games of the 2017-2018 season. We take game day pretty seriously around here. Haven’t experienced it yet? Here’s what to expect:
1. You wake up to the sound of one (or more) of your roommates screaming the Temple Fight Song.
“I WASN’T READY!” you yell at first. But soon enough, you find yourself singing along, because you know what day it is.
2. The only thing in your Lilly Pulitzer planner is “GAME DAY”
Tell your friends you’ll see them tomorrow (if you make it out alive). Anything else scheduled for the day is not a priority.
3. You check your Facebook and you have at least one invite to a ‘Kegs and Eggs’ pregame
Protein and carbs, baby. Protein and carbs. Eat up, because the next time you’ll put something in your body besides an enormous amount of alcohol is probably not until the free tailgate hosted by Temple. Nothing like the smell of hot dogs, pretzels, and beer breath!
4. You check Twitter and the first thing you see is: “Wake up Owls, it’s game day” tweeted from the Temple University account.
Good morning, Temple. It’s game day! pic.twitter.com/8U92SVS9sy
— Temple University (@TempleUniv) September 15, 2017
And it’s always accompanied by a strange graphic. Whatever, we still RT it every single time.
5. You hear the phrase, “You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning!” at least seven times before noon
*Pours New Amsterdam in coffee because it’s acceptable to be a raging alcoholic when there’s a football game*
6. You see every girl ever wearing a Temple tee that has either been cut, bleached, or dyed to make it look stylish
And they’re all so CUTE!
7. You quite literally fight your way onto the free shuttle that goes to the Linc (or you walk away, defeated, towards the subway).
Any semblance of composure you had before this moment has been flung far, far out the window. It’s a bloodbath, and you must fend for yourself.
8. You witness someone puking on either the subway, the train, or the shuttle
How to Tell a New Tailgater From a Seasoned Pro 101: A class you must take.
9. You make your way to the free Temple tailgate because free food, duh
Parking lot party pic.twitter.com/KqKBqDLV4Q
— Temple Owls (@TempleOwls) September 9, 2017
And because you want to see the Diamond Marching Band do their thing, don’t lie.
10. The clock hits 3:30 (or 7:00) and you sprint to the South Gate to get your seats
You have to get a good seat, because some of the players have really nice butts.
11. You cheer on the Owls until you lose your voice, even when the people around you are annoyed.
Oh, sorry, is my spirit too much for you to handle? *chugs Miller Lite*
12. The game draws to a close, but you know that the night is not nearly over.
The second you get home, you change your clothes (maybe), head to a post-game party, and dance the night away.
13. You finally get home, go to bed and whisper, “I’m never drinking again”.
…until next weekend.
Happy football season, Owls!