13 of the Best Lyrics from Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Taylor Swift dropped her new, highly anticipated, album, Reputation, on Nov. 10, 2017.

Before Swift released the fifteen-track album, fans and people everywhere had high expectations. Considering each of her singles were fierce, powerful, and intriguing, fans were hoping the whole album would be this magical.

Swift clearly did not disappoint. Reputation reveals some of the loveliest, most controversial, and jaw-dropping lyrics from Swift to date.

Read this list below to see just a few of Swift’s best lyrics!

1. “I swear I don’t love the drama, it loves me.” & “Big reputation, big reputation, ooh, you and me would be a big conversation.”

Song: End Game featuring Future and Ed Sheeran

2. “I never trust a narcissist, but they love me.” & “This is how the world works, you gotta leave before you get left.”

Song: I Did Something Bad

3. “Oh, Lord save me, my drug is my baby, I’ll be using for the rest of my life.”

Song: Don’t Blame Me

4. “My reputation’s never been worse, so you must like me for me.”

Song: Delicate

5. “The ties were black; the lies were white. In the shades of gray in candlelight.”

Song: Getaway Car

6. “All the liars are calling me one.”

Song: Call it What You Want

7. “Please don’t ever become a stranger who’s laugh I could recognize anywhere.”

Song: New Year’s Day

8. “If I get burned, at least we were electrified.”

Song: Dress

9. “Friends don’t try to trick you get you on the phone and mind-twist you.”

Song: This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

10. “I loved you in spite of deep fears that the world would divide us.”

Song: Dancing with Our Hands Tied

11. “Younger than my exes but he act like such a man, so.”

Song: …Ready For It

12. “The taste of your lips is my idea of luxury.”

Song: King of My Heart

13. “I’m sorry, the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, ’cause she’s dead!”

Song: Look What You Made Me Do

Swift once again showed that she is a lyrical genius through the thought-provoking lyrics of Reputation.

If you want to see Swift sing these songs in person, catch her on tour when she comes to the Lincoln Financial Field on July 14, 2018.

Lisa Cunningham is currently a sophomore Journalism major at Temple University. When she is not listening to music, living it up at a concert or hanging with friends, Cunningham loves to write about all things relate to pop culture!