11 Ways You Know it’s Fall in Philadelphia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Although fall technically started a few weeks ago, it’s just starting to feel like fall in Philly. The leaves are falling, the temperature’s dropping, Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back, and so are the Eagles fans. But if you couldn’t tell from those things, here are 11 ways to know that fall is in full swing in Philadelphia:

1. The Phillies season is over.

I admit, I’m kind of just being a bitter Mets fan. But I mean, at least we made it to the wildcard game #justsayin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Terror Behind the Walls is back.

The already spooky Eastern State Penitentiary becomes an even spookier haunted house once fall comes around. What’s better is that Temple students can get discounted tickets at The Reel. Visit, if you dare.

3. Rittenhouse Square looks even more beautiful than usual.

Is it even possible? Yes. There’s just something about fall that makes everything seem more beautiful than usual. Something in the air.

4. The Eagles are back.

Which means, the Eagles fans are back. Which means that as a Giants fan I will be avoiding the Linc at all costs.

5. And so are the 76ers. And the Flyers.

#sports!!

6. Free coffee on Mondays when the Eagles win.

Remember how I said I was a Giants fan? Yeah, truth is, I’ve only been rooting for the Eagles so I can get free Dunkin iced coffee. Sorry, dad!

7. Spruce Street Harbor Park is closed :(

No more pretty lights, music, hammocks, or fun food stands. I’m counting down the days until summer starts again.

7. Pumpkin spice and everything nice is back at Starbucks.

Basic bitches unite! Fall is your strongest season.

8. Oktoberfest(s)

Beer + fall weather + German food and music = recipe for a good time.

9. Flannels szn. Uggs szn. Leggings szn.

There’s no better szn for fashion than fall.

10. Pumpkin/apple picking Instagram posts

Half of the reason fall is cuffing season is because of all the opportunities for cute couple Instagram posts, am I right or am I right?

And last, but certainly not least..

11. Bugs are back where they belong–in the depths of hell. :)

This is a picture of a cute, friendly bug, because all the other bug pictures were creepy and gross, and I didn’t want to make you suffer like I did. But the cold weather means that bugs creep back into the earth and stop bugging the sh*t out of everyone, and that, my friends, is the true beauty of fall.

Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.