10 Reasons Why Joe Biden is a National Treasure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

For a 19-year-old girl, I have a weirdly passionate love for the Vice President of our country. With arguably the strangest election in our nation’s history coming up in November, here are 10 number of reasons to appreciate our current Vice President while we still can. :’(

1. His smile

Self explanatory.

2. His vocabulary

The word malarkey is hilarious, and it’s even better when uttered by the man himself.

3. His ~bromance~ with President Obama

This is a real life tweet from the Vice President of our country featuring real life friendship bracelets. What a time to be alive.

4. ~Bromance~ Part II

Their bromance is so strong it couldn’t be contained in just one point.

Bros who stretch together, stay together.

5. He loves Queen Bey just as much as the rest of us

Look at that smile.

6. He can rock aviators like it’s nobody’s business

7. He is an outspoken advocate to end violence against women

In 1990, Biden, who was a senator for Delaware at the time, introduced the Violence Against Women Act  to Congress. It was passed 4 years later, and ever since Biden has been an advocate for victims of sexual assault, domestic abuse and rape. He specifically focuses on sexual assaults that occur on college campuses- he spoke at the 2016 Oscars about campus sexual assault and wrote an open letter to the Stanford Survivor after she wrote her own letter to her attacker.

8. Leslie Knope loves him

And Leslie knows best.

9. He was on Parks and Rec

See above.

10. He loves his country

What kind of VP would he be if he didn’t?

I love you more, Joe.

Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.