This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

As 2017 comes to an end, we’re taking some time to reflect on the past year in pop culture. Just a few weeks ago, we ranked the top 10 biggest celebrity moments of 2017. Now, we are ranking the top 10 best songs of 2017.

1. “New Rules” by Dua Lipa

A song that had everyone movin’ and groovin’! I definitely listened to this song more than once a day (and still do!).

2. “Sign Of The Times” by Harry Styles

Harry Styles put out his first self-titled album in May of this year and “SOTT” was the first single. I definitely stayed up till 3 a.m. to hear it premiere in the US.

3. “Bodak Yellow” by Cardi B

This song was #1 on the charts, a first for Cardi B.

4. “Havana” by Camila Cabello

This was one of Camilla’s first singles after leaving Fifth Harmony.

5. “Look What You Made Me Do” by Taylor Swift

Almost everyone was waiting for new music from Taylor. She released her first single from her album Reputation back in August.

6. “Believer” by Imagine Dragons

A song that was definitely on everyone’s work out playlist.

7. “Praying” by Kesha

We finally got new music from Kesha this year. “Praying” is nominated for a Grammy and definitely deserves that kind of recognition.

8. “Slow Hands” by Niall Horan

This chart-topping hit was released back in May and was also included in Niall’s full-length album, Flicker, which was released in October.

9. “Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato

This song was definitely stuck in my head all year. The perfect first single off of Demi’s new album, Tell Me You Love Me.

10. “1-800-273-8255” by Logic feat. Khalid and Alessia Cara

A wonderful song with an inspiring message. For those who don’t know, the title of the song is the number to the Suicide Prevention Hotline.

Did your fave song make the list?

Ashley is a senior journalism major at Temple University. She loves music, concerts, and celebrities. She loves to write all things fashion, lifestyle, and pop culture! Instagram: ashleygale23
Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus