Yik Yak Month in Review: February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

February, though short, was jam-packed with activity on campus. Let’s see what Yik Yak had to say about it!

Early in the month construction started in the Greek, which was not great for Worth Hill residents:

Then that first weekend we had a real throwback to our childhoods: The Jesse McCartney concert.

Only, it didn’t go as planned.

But that was just the beginning of the weekend. Then, we had the Super Bowl, with mixed reactions:

Before we knew it, Lent was here:

And then Valentine’s Day:

Around mid-February, Fort Worth got some hella crazy weather. From wind, to rain, to 80 degrees and then nearly freezing, we had it all. 

Maybe the weather was what caused some really deep thoughts:

Probably not. Later on, we had some important guests on campus, including former president George W. Bush. Some people had some pretty fantastic stories to share! 

Crazy, huh?? Probably all true (not). A few days later, we had the big TCU v. Baylor basketball game. We may have fallen short, but even Baylor fans conceded that we’re the real winners:

And then we had the day that will live in infamy: the day that Stu failed us more than usual. All day long.

Will Stu ever return? (If you’re reading this article, then yes, it probably did.) That same night, we celebrated the Oscars almost as much as Leonardo DiCaprio did.

What will March have in store for our “herd”? Stay tuned to find out. 

All photos taken from real Yik Yaks in the Fort Worth area

Eleni Michaelides is a freshman marketing major at Texas Christian University. She's part of the Honors College, Gamma Phi Beta sorority, the Chancellor's Leadership Program, and the writing and advertising teams for Her Campus TCU. Eleni's Top 5 Favorite things are puppies, monograms, musicals, food, and Disney. (In no particular order)