carrie bradshaw i live here
carrie bradshaw i live here
New Line Cinema

Which Sex and the City Character Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

If you know me, you know I am OBSESSED with Sex and the City. The original one, of course. Nothing can top that.

Slight flex…but I have watched this show all the way through approximately 8 times. And I have every intention of starting it over again. Don’t y’all have those shows that just give you the ultimate comfort??? And with having this as my comfort show, the characters are just as comforting. So, let me help you decide what your favorite Sex and the City character says about you! I am definitely a mix of all of them in one way or another. Let’s find out about you!

CARRIE BRADSHAW: Fashionista and Bubbly

Carrie is a fashion queen. If you have the goal of strutting the streets in your Louis Vuitton pumps, then follow her advice. You tend to have a free-spirited nature and that pairs well with a bubbly personality. Carrie is obviously very in tune with each new fashion trend and always puts her girls first. If you are a Carrie, you are probably someone who likes to coordinate dinners and such, and someone who likes to have fun.

MIRANDA HOBBES: Ambitious and Independent

Miranda is the most work-driven character in this show and doesn’t need a man to prove her worth. Miranda is definitely someone who remains ambitious and doesn’t let stereotypes in the workplace come in the way of her dream career. You are a Miranda if you care about your work and won’t let anyone tear you down.

SAMANTHA JONES: Confident and Unapologetic

Samantha Jones. What a queen. The two qualities that come from Samantha are being confident and unapologetic. She is very confident in herself and her body and doesn’t apologize to ANYONE for it. You are a Samantha if you make the world your runway and don’t let anyone take away your shine.

CHARLOTTE YORK: Hopeless Romantic and Charismatic

My personal favorite character is Charlotte. She is a very big hopeless romantic and absolutely loves spending quality time with others. She is always thinking of other people and has dreams that she always holds on to, no matter how silly they may seem. You are a Charlotte if you are obsessed with classic romance movies and appreciate the signs and love that life brings to you.

I will recommend watching Sex and the City to anyone who is looking for that feel-good show. The original one, of course.

Payton Dennis is a senior at Texas Christian University, studying Strategic Communications and Digital Culture and Data Analytics. She is from Houston, TX and spends her time working out, watching the newest (and oldest) movies, binge-watching Sex and the City, updating her social media pages, and so much more!