This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Welcome to the holiday season. If you celebrate Christmas, it’s about the time when your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, and more are pestering you for your Christmas list. But if you’re anything like me, it’s near impossible to come up with ideas for what you want, either because you freeze and your mind draws a blank, or because you struggle to want things for yourself.

Whatever way you lean, one surefire list to have in the back of your mind is the one everyone else has. Let me explain.

I know trends can be bad habits. We shouldn’t fall victim to fast fashion, overconsumption, quick-moving trends, or influencer opinion. But…

Sometimes, those TikTok creators are geniuses. Sometimes, they really have tried everything on the market and the product is the best of the best.

Keeping both sides of the argument in mind, I have compiled what I believe to be this year’s most basic gift list. Feel free to refer to it for your own wants or for friends and family!

And because I’m awesome, links and prices are included (and whether or not I think the product is worth the price tag).

1. UGG shorties, AKA the Tasman Slipper – $100 [Not worth it. Cut your 2012 UGGs in half if you’re desperate.]

2. Drunk Elephant O-Bloos™ Rosi Glow Drops – $36 [No idea.]

3. Apple – AirPod Max – $499.99 [NO! Better headphones exist. Please.]

4. SKIMS SOFT SMOOTHING T-SHIRT – $52 [Kim is awesome. This shirt is not.]

5. REVLON One-Step Volumizer Original 1.0 Hair Dryer and Hot Air Brush – $40 [YES! 10/10 purchase.]

6. CLINIQUE Almost Lipstick in Black Honey – $22 [Yes. I love this brand and the color is to die for.]

7. Grande Cosmetics GrandeLASH-MD Lash Enhancing Serum – $36 [Yes. Love long lashes]

8. Satin Heatless Curling Set – $18 [Depends. Long socks do the same job, but satin is probably less damaging.]

9. Smiley slippers – ~$20 [Yes. Adorable]

10. Lululemon Scuba Oversized Half-Zip Hoodie – $118 [No! WTH is there an actual scuba suit hidden in there?]

11. THE QUENCHER H2.0 FLOWSTATE™ TUMBLER | 40 OZ – $40 [At one dollar per ounce this is a solid purchase.]

12. Aerie Crossover Flare Leggings – $38.46 [Buy on sale. Flattering, but I know you own an early 2000’s version.]

13. Any and all Colleen Hoover Books – $8 – $12 [No comment.]

14. Rare Beauty Blush – $20 [I don’t wear blush, but I love Selena so I support it.]

Colleen Wyrick is President of the Her Campus at TCU chapter. She enjoys writing about current pop culture events, female empowerment, and her latest book/TV interest. She loves her role and connecting with new members! Colleen is an aspiring writer/editor/publisher/professor and is a junior (*sigh*) at Texas Christian University studying English and Communication. In addition to Her Campus, she contributes to academic publications for the English Department and works for TCU’s social media team. She is very passionate about books, Marvel, chocolate, soccer, and all things comfortable. You can find her doing anything and everything because she loves new adventures!