This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

There is an undeniably vast difference in quality across women’s bathrooms here on campus. Some of the bathrooms are really great, and some of them are definitely questionable. So, I decided to suffer so you don’t have to! I tried one bathroom in several of the main buildings on campus and put together the list I wish I could have read before choosing where to go: TCU women’s bathrooms ranked.

Before we get into it, let me note some things. First, while I know that there can be a variety of bathrooms of different qualities within one building, I only tried one bathroom per building. I decided to use the most easily accessible: the first-floor bathroom from each building for my rankings.

Second, I wasn’t able to try every building on campus quite yet. I went to Sid Rich, Winton Scott, the library, Rees-Jones, Scharbauer, Dave Reed, Sadler, Palko, Bass, and the BLUU. I did NOT try Neeley, Tucker, Bailey, the Moudy buildings, the FAB, Beasley, or the Alumni Center yet.

Third, I use a five-category criteria to rate each bathroom. The first category is the size of the bathroom, which is usually a pretty good indicator of how busy it is. A “1” ranking is way too small, and a “5” ranking is really big. The second piece of criteria used is the general vibes of the bathroom, usually defined by the layout and design. A “1” is bad vibes while a “5” is good vibes. Third is cleanliness, and a “1” is unclean while a “5” is very clean. Fourth is safety, which I define as the size of the gaps in the stall doors and the functionality of the locks; a “1” is not safe at all while a “5” is very safe. Finally, fifth is ease of finding the bathroom. A “1” is very hidden and a “5” is easy to locate.

So, how did I rank the TCU women’s bathrooms? Read the rest of the article to find out!

#10: Palko

Size: 3/5

Vibes: 2/5

Cleanliness: 2/5

Safety: 1/5

Findability: 2/5

Overall: 2/5

The bathroom in Palko is the worst bathroom I’ve been to on campus. It’s not very big, it’s not very clean and the layout is weird. Worst of all, every time I’ve been in the bathroom in Palko (twice, because I didn’t learn my lesson the first time), the door has unlocked and opened on me. The first time I thought it was my fault, but I realized that the bar that fits into the lock is too big, so it doesn’t go in all the way like it’s supposed to. If anyone shuts their stall door a little too hard, bumps lightly into a wall a couple of stalls down, or puts their bag down and it hits the divider, the bar wiggles out and the door pops right open.

Do yourself a favor and just don’t go to Palko.

#9: Dave Reed

Size: 3/5

Vibes: 1/5

Cleanliness: 3/5

Safety: 1/5

Findability: 2/5

Overall: 2/5

The bathroom in Dave Reed sucks. It’s a pretty average bathroom until you consider the layout. There’s this weird hallway in between the entry/exit door and the actual door to the bathroom, and the first stall is directly aligned with the door. There are pretty big gaps in the stall doors too, so if you walk in and someone’s in the first stall, you might just end up making awkward eye contact through the door.

There’s so many better bathrooms close to Reed, so just skip this one.

#8: Sid Rich

Size: 3/5

Vibes: 1/5

Cleanliness: 3/5

Safety: 3/5

Findability: 1/5

Overall: 2/5

Sid Rich is just a terrible building in general, so you knew it wasn’t scoring high on this list. That being said, it’s a pretty decent restroom in terms of size, safety, and cleanliness; it’s not the worst and it’s not the best. However, if you need to use the bathroom in Sid Rich, be prepared to go on a long scavenger hunt to find a creepy bathroom.

If you’re already there, Sid Rich isn’t the worst. Just try not to get lost.

#7: Winton Scott

Size: 2/5

Vibes: 1/5

Cleanliness: 2/5

Safety: 3/5

Findability: 3/5

Overall: 2/5

Winton Scott is pretty similar to Sid Rich. From what I’ve seen, it’s less clean, but it’s definitely easier to find. It’s a little worse than the average campus bathroom, but still better than the options lower on the list. It’s usually very busy though, especially around classes.

If it’s not busy, Winton Scott is a somewhat safe bet.

#6: Library (1st floor bathroom near bistro)

Size: 1/5

Vibes: 3/5

Cleanliness: 4/5

Safety: 3/5

Findability: 2/5

Overall: 3/5

Honestly, the library bathroom is pretty good. The qualities that brought it down, though, were size and findability. It’s tiny and difficult to find. The reason it scores higher than Winton Scott is because it’s cleaner, has better vibes, and there’s an information desk that you can ask for directions to the bathroom if you need them.

The library bathroom isn’t the worst, but it definitely isn’t the best.

#5: Bass Hall

Size: 2/5

Vibes: 4/5

Cleanliness: 3/5

Safety: 3/5

Findability: 5/5

Overall: 4/5

Unlike other buildings in the area, like Sid Rich and Winton Scott, Bass Hall has a nice bathroom. It’s pretty small, but it’s easy to find, and is decently clean and safe.

If you’re in that area of campus, choose Bass Hall over Sid Rich or Winton Scott.

#4: Sadler

Size: 3/5

Vibes: 5/5

Cleanliness: 3/5

Safety: 4/5

Findability: 2/5

Overall: 4/5

The bathroom in Sadler is a solid bathroom. It has great vibes and is pretty safe. When I went, however, I had trouble finding it, and when I did, it was very unclean. Since I went late in the afternoon, I didn’t score it super low on cleanliness since it was probably just the timing; however, I can’t score it any higher.

If you’re in Sadler and you need to use the restroom, you have nothing to fear.

#3: Scharbauer

Size: 3/5

Vibes: 4/5

Cleanliness: 4/5

Safety: 4/5

Findability: 5/5

Overall: 4/5

Scharbauer has great bathrooms. It can get pretty busy, but overall, the bathrooms are easy to find, clean, safe, and have good vibes. While both Sadler and Scharbauer are good options, I prefer Scharbauer a bit more.

If you’re in Scharbauer, you’re good to go.

#2: Rees-Jones

Size: 2/5

Vibes: 5/5

Cleanliness: 5/5

Safety: 4/5

Findability: 4/5

Overall: 4/5

The first-floor bathroom in Reese Jones is personally my favorite bathroom on campus. I didn’t put it at number one because there’s another bathroom that’s objectively better, but I have gone out of my way to use the restroom here. Like a lot of other restrooms on campus, it’s on the small side, but the vibes, cleanliness, safety, and findability are all great.

Rees-Jones gets an A+ from me.

#1: BLUU

Size: 4/5

Vibes: 4/5

Cleanliness: 4/5

Safety: 5/5

Findability: 5/5

Overall: 4/5

BLUU bathrooms are the best out of all of the bathrooms I tried. They’re clearly indicated with signs, they’re usually pretty clean and there are more stalls than in most bathrooms on campus. The gaps in the door are very small and overall, they are bathrooms with good vibes.

I wouldn’t hike across campus to use the bathrooms at the BLUU, but if you’re already in the area, BLUU bathrooms are top-tier.

I hope this helps you decide which bathrooms to give a try and which bathrooms to avoid on campus!

Madison Milligan is a senior at TCU and a writing, psychology, and Spanish triple major. She's passionate about fantasy, piano, art, writing, learning languages, and putting an end to psychological stigma.