This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Name: Taylor Shaffer              

Year: Junior

Major: Biology –minor in Psychology

Hometown: Monterey, CA

Q: What made you choose to transfer to TCU?

A: “I fell in love with the campus, they offered me a scholarship, and TCU’s pre medical students also have an 80% acceptance rate into medical school.”

Q: What extracurricular activities are you involved with at TCU?

A: “I am an active member of AED (a pre-medical fraternity on campus) and I regularly attend classes at the rec center or work out on my own. I love staying fit because that is when I feel the healthiest and my body naturally just feels better.”

Q: Why did you choose your specific major?

A: “I transferred to TCU as a neuroscience major, hoping that it would work out to better prepare me for the MCAT’s and medical school. However, I ended up switching my major to Biology with a minor in Psychology due to the fact that I needed to be done with my undergraduate in 2 years on top of the 2 years I completed back home in CA.”

Q: What are you looking forward to the most about your last year at TCU?

A: “I’m looking forward to keeping my grades up, but still maintaining a “social life” and being able to not stress about my classes since it will be my senior year. By the looks of things, my schedule next year is much more attainable than Junior year was. Either way, I’m excited to graduate next year but I will be a little sad having to leave this campus and all of the Horned Frog spirit and the football games!”

Q: What’s your favorite thing to do outside of academics?

A: “I love to play with my puppy and while I was living in Santa Barbara, CA I’d go to the beach and journal! That was very peaceful yet incredibly fun. The ocean is always a great place to be.”

Q: If you could have a celebrity husband, who would it be and why?

A: “Patrick Dempsey (Derek Shepard) because he is the cutest, most handsome surgeon there ever will be.”

Q: What is your dream job?

A: “To be an anesthesiologist at Stanford Medical Center in Palo Alto, CA.”

Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

A: “Working in a hospital, treating patients, married and tending to my 4 beautiful children.”

Q: What is something people may not know about you?

A: “I used to be a cheerleader and high school rodeo queen!”

Q: What’s your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?

A: “Greys Anatomy or How to Get Away with Murder”

Q: If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

A: “I would travel to the Dominican Republic or to Italy to visit my cousins.”

(Photos courtesy Taylor Shaffer)

Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.