Signs You’re a “Cali” Kid at TCU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

1.     When someone refers to California as Cali, you immediately know they aren’t from California.

2.     You’re disappointed when restaurants use avocado spread instead of actual avocado.

3.     You feel really basic when someone asks you where you’re from, and you say “California.”

4.     You constantly post throwback pics of the beach, especially during winter.

5.     You’re bound to get in an argument with someone from NorCal or SoCal depending on where you’re from.

6.     You don’t care about how long your showers are because Texas is not in a drought.

7.     Rainy weekends = movie night and toppers. #whatisrain  

8.     You’re overly excited for snow and will probably act like this…

9.     You’ve said “In N’ Out back home is way better” several times.

10.  You won’t admit it, but seeing the leaves on the trees change colors during fall was pretty cool.

11.  None of your friends back home understand how amazing queso is.

12.  All of your friends back home wonder why you went to school in Texas. 

13.  You probably didn’t go to Chick Fil-A nearly as much at home as you do now.

14.  Although the atmosphere here in Texas is so much different than in California, you love it.                                                                                                 

15.  This was your face when you realized how accurate all of these are.

Carly is a features writer for Her Campus at UCLA. In her free time she loves to sing, write, and spend time with her friends and family.