This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

“Hail, all hail, TCU…” The first line of our school’s anthem accurately represents how most of us feel making our way to campus, whether it’s for the first time or as returning students.  The first weeks back at school after summer break are fresh, exciting, and a little overwhelming.  Catching up with old friends is full of hugs and happy tears; beginning new classes can bring a feeling of nervous excitement; and rediscovering all the fun things on campus is, well, fun!

Whether you’re new or returning, it can be easy to miss some awesome events amid the whirlwind of a new school year.  Here are some of the top places on campus to find guaranteed fun:

The Commons 

Living in Texas means that it doesn’t usually get too cold, leaving room for plenty of outdoor activities!  Make your way to the Commons during the week to find unbelievable activities put on by The Crew, including free food, petting zoos, water slides, and more!  Even if there’s not an organized event happening, doing homework on the grassy field is fun and relaxing, while putting together an ultimate Frisbee game takes care of your exercise for the day.  Plus, the Commons is one of the most beautiful places on campus, home to the famous Frog Fountain, so even if you just snap an artsy picture for Instagram, it’s still worth it.

The Library

Affectionately nicknamed “Club Lib,” the library is actually a poppin’ place throughout the week.  Equipped with a Starbucks and café, Club Lib is a great place for intense study sessions with coffee breaks in-between to keep you going.  In addition, there are usually organizations standing outside the library giving information for unique opportunities that might be just the right fit for you.  While it might not seem like the most “exciting” place on campus, the library is a must if you want to succeed in your classes and there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy it.

The BLUU/Union Grounds

Starbucks coffee, Steel City Pops, Cheddar Bombs macaroni bar, Chick-fil-A, the spirit shop…the Brown-Lupton University Union boasts all these things and more!  Many organizations host meetings in the upper floors of the BLUU, meaning you’re sure to find a place where you fit just by walking around.  And with so many food options and places to study, you could essentially live in the BLUU and never have to leave.  It’s a great place to meet people, socialize, learn about different organizations, and just hang out.  And many times you can find different vendors giving out free stuff!  And, let’s face it, who doesn’t like that?

While these places may seem obvious or self-explanatory, it can be easy to overlook all the awesome things going on when you get bogged down with classes and other commitments.  Don’t keep yourself locked in your room, though; get out and enjoy the fresh air or find people you can study with.  TCU is a great school, with more opportunities than we can imagine—so enjoy them!

Londyn is a freshman at TCU from Longview, Texas. She is a Child Development pre-major and Music minor, and is involved in the Chancellor's Leadership Program, Autism Speaks, and theEnd. At any given time you can find her watching The Office, enjoying a sunset, or eating rocky road ice cream. Her one true love is her hammock.