Beyonce at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Beyonce at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Cliff Lipson / CBS

Our 5 Favorite Moments from the Grammys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

The Grammys knew what it was doing when it started the night with a performance from a leather-clad Harry Styles; our resident Gucci king kicked off an incredibly memorable 63rd Grammy Awards ceremony. From wild performances by hip hop icons to unmissable pillowy gowns to Grammy history being made, this year was one for the books. Out of all the fantastic moments we witnessed on our screens, I’ve narrowed it down to the top five wow-factor moments that you simply must watch—or in my case, rewatch.

1. Harry Styles’ Entirely Gucci Leather Suit and Feather Boa Combo

Was anyone really expecting anything less than Gucci perfection to be worn by the suit icon himself? And who would I be not to bring attention to it! The image I had in mind of the outfit he’d wear for his highly anticipated Grammy performance wasn’t his all black leather moment, but I. AM. SO. HERE. FOR. IT. There’s beauty in simplicity and that simplicity just happened to be a very chic and very timeless leather, showcasing his infamous butterfly tattoo. Not to mention the fun, flirty, bright green boa he donned during his performance. All I can say is what a king … what a king.

1. Beyonce Earning Her 28th Grammy, Now The Female Artist With The Most Grammy Awards

She’s Queen Bey for good reason, and now we have one more accomplishment to serve her well-deserved title. The Beyhive has to be buzzing with excitement. In her own words “Girls! We run the world!” Way to go, Texas queen, making us proud. She can only go up from here. What a woman to be so accomplished already, so humble in her acceptance, and know there’s still more music to be made. Personally, I can’t wait.

1. Taylor Swift’s Ethereal, Cottage-Core-Perfection Performance

When you tease us with a close up of T-Swift lounging on some grass, come on, we knew something amazing was about to happen. The dress? Perfection. The cottage in the woods set? Perfection. The entire performance? Unreal. I cannot get over her gold-flecked dress shimmering in “fire light” while she danced. You can’t tell me she didn’t look like she was having the time of her life. Already having us wrapped around her finger while she’s re-releasing Fearless (um, hello beautiful nostalgia), this performance left me loving her even more than before… if that’s even possible.

1. Bruno Mars Teaming Up With Anderson Paak to Form Silk Sonic

All I can say: Yes, please! This band is absolutely everything that I never knew I needed. Bruno is finally fully coming into the 70s R&B musician he was meant to be. Complete with 70s suits, slick shades, and smooth vocals, Mars and .Paak’s first public performance as Silk Sonic had my jaw on the floor with no hope of picking it up. I’ve been a fan of Bruno Mars since he hit it big, but when 24K Magic dropped, I knew he was one of those people born in the wrong decade because wow. Nobody does 70s R&B quite like him. It’s safe to say I’m in love with him and the band’s upcoming music.

1. Billie Eilish’s Matching Suit, Bucket Hat, and Mask Statement

Billie never misses. Her fashion never disappoints, and the Grammys were no exception. The non-stop pattern of pink, black, and sage grey made her ensemble what it was, or maybe it was the fantastic icon wearing it. Eilish could wear anything and convince me I need it in my closet. Her matching Gucci suit and accessories made yet another sensational fashion statement that we won’t be able to forget.

The Grammys were much needed this year. Live music, fabulous outfits, and colorful performances were a welcome source of joy for one night. Seeing our favorite music stars take the stage and do the thing they love is always appreciated. As an evergreen hallmark of our pop culture society, the Grammys do not disappoint. Everytime the show ends I already miss it, so I say “Until next year, dear Grammys!” 

Natalie Deptula has loved writing for as long as she can remember including middle school book reports, AP Literature class, and penning poetry in her free time. Her true love for writing was fostered by some incredible English teachers in high school who gave her the space to discover writing to its fullest capacity. As a Her Campus writer, Natalie enjoys discussing all topics, but is especially fond of all things fashion, beauty, and lifestyle. Natalie is currently studying Fashion Merchandising and English at Texas Christian University with hopes of writing for the fashion industry after her four years have passed. She isn't sure what this will look like, but is eager to discover her niche along the path to finding out! Other than Her Campus, Natalie is involved in Greek Life, introducing new students to TCU (Frog Camp Facilitator), church minsitry, and any fine arts she can get her hands on. When she's not writing or being a student (which we all know is a full time job!), Natalie loves retail therapy, watching sappy rom-coms, and being around the people she loves.