Keaton Jones: Class of 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Name: Keaton Jones

Year: Senior

Major: Communication Studies with a Business minor

Hometown: Laguna Beach, California

Relationship Status: Taken

Celebrity Crush: Jennifer Aniston

Baseball Position: Shortstop

With a College World Series victory under their belt, TCU Baseball is continuing their climb, currently ranked as the #7 team in the country. This week on Her Campus we are covering all the bases with TCU’s shortstop cutie, Keaton Jones.

Q: Why did you choose TCU?

A: “I ultimately chose TCU because of their baseball program. I looked at Oregon State, University of Portland, and University of Hawaii, but TCU was by far the best!”

Q: How long have you played baseball?

A: “Ever since I was four years old.”

Q: Was there a defining moment when you knew you loved baseball and wanted to pursue playing in college?

A: “When I was a freshman in high school, I was watching the College World Series and it looked like so much fun that I knew I wanted to pursue baseball in college. Whenever you start playing a sport you have to choose where you want to go with it, and I decided I wanted to go for it.”

Q: What are your post-graduation goals and dreams for the future?

A: “I hope to get drafted for the MLB over the next few months. If not, I will come back to TCU for my last semester to finish my education and graduate in Communication Studies and Business.”

Q: What is your dream Major League Baseball team to play for?

A: “Either the New York Yankees, because of their history and because New York is awesome, or the Anaheim Angels, because they are my hometown team.”

Q: What has been your favorite part about playing for TCU Baseball?

A: “Overall, the team atmosphere, the team comradery, and the relationships I’ve made. I have grown up so much over the past four years and have learned so much from my coaches.”

Q: What are you going to miss the most about TCU Baseball after you graduate?

A: “Over the past four years the ‘locker room atmosphere’ has meant the most to me and is something I will miss when I graduate. I am not going to compare baseball to the military, because that is different, but our team is a brotherhood. You wear the same jersey as you sweat and bleed together and you create a bond that is different than most.”

Q: What is one thing a lot of people do not know about you?

A: “I am a weirdo. I am quiet at first, but once you get to know me I am super goofy and weird.”

Q: What is something you wish you could tell your freshman self?

A: “Do not be afraid to make mistakes and be confident in yourself and everything you do. If you let failures hold you back, you will you never get to where you want to be.”

Q: Who is your role model?

A: “I have a lot of role models in my life, but right now, the people that are the most influential in my life are my roommates, Patrick Vickery and Travis Gaunt.”

Q: If you could give a word of advice to someone who wants to play a sport in college, what would it be?

A: “Never give up and don’t doubt yourself. Playing a sport is hard and difficult and there are going to be a lot of challenges. Don’t get down on yourself and keep going because everything will work out for the best. You will discover what your goals are for your future and whether or not that involves playing the sport post-college. No matter what, you will learn a lot and will become a better person because of it.”

Q: What is your favorite memory from the baseball team?

A: “Winning the Regionals and going to Omaha. That was awesome. That was the best.”

Q: What game are you looking forward to the most during the rest of the 2015 season?

A: “I mean, obviously it would be the College World Series game, but with the playoffs you don’t even know if that is going to happen. But for the rest of the regular season I would have to say Texas because whooping on Texas is the best feeling.”

Nicoletta is a senior at Texas Christian University where she is a Communication Studies and Psychology of Leadership major, and a proud member of Kappa Alpha Theta. Born and raised in Santa Barbara, CA, she traded her flip-flops in for cowboy boots whens she moved to the great state of Texas to attend TCU. Some of her favorite things include health and fitness, going on spontaneous road trips, doing barre classes, shopping, and trying new food items at Trader Joes. The best decision she ever made was when she studied abroad in Florence, Italy, and traveled to 12 different countries and 36 cities in five months. Her best friends describe her as a confident leader who is outgoing, fun-loving, genuine, and quirky.