Kavontae Turpin: TCU Wide Receiver

Name: Kavontae Turpin

Year: Sophomore

Major: Undecided

Hometown: Monroe, Louisiana

Kavontae is a sophomore wide receiver at TCU. His freshman year he won 6 awards including 2015 FWAA Freshman All-American (Kickoff Returner) and 2015 Honorable Mention All-Big 12 (Return Specialist).

Q: Why did you choose to play at TCU?

A: “I chose to play at TCU because on my official visit here the football players and coaches treated me like family. I really wanted to come get a good education at a good Christian school.

Q: How do you manage your time between school and football?

A: “I manage my time between school and football by going to study hall throughout the week. Sometime I’ll get distracted and play video games all day but I try to be careful around the street.”

Q: What is your favorite part about being a football player at TCU?

A: “My favorite part about being a football player period is the love I      have for the game and the love you get from fans. The best part about being a player at TCU is everybody is one big family.”

Q: What is your favorite memory from football at TCU?

A: “My favorite memory at TCU was a football game last year against Texas. I was a freshman coming into the game and scored 4 touchdowns and now I hold the Big 12 freshman record for 4 touchdowns in one game.”

Q: How many offers did you have your senior year of High School for football?

A: “I had eleven offers. The schools were Appalachian State, Texas Tech, Tulane, Louisiana Tech, TCU, Northern Illinois, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Texas State, Northwestern and McNesse State.”