jenna ortega as wednesday
jenna ortega as wednesday
Netflix
Style > Fashion

How to Style Your Inner Wednesday Addams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

I, like everyone else in the world, have fallen in love with the new Netflix show Wednesday, and with that, a new fashion obsession began. My personal style is constantly changing and evolving, but I’ve recently been drawn to a preppy, academic aesthetic, as well as a more gothic androgynous one. Luckily for me (and you), Wednesday combines the two to create some gorgeous looks to inspire the masses. The work of the costume designer Colleen Atwood was incredible (just look at how she modernized the costumes of Wednesday Addams and paid homage to the original character’s collared black dress). I know I cannot be the only one who is inspired by the fashion, and based on the amount of Instagram posts and TikTok videos, I might be right.

However, I know that it is unrealistic to go out and buy an entirely new closet based on a show and a new hyper fixation. So, I broke down Wednesday’s style into a few key elements and put together a list of inspired pieces that can be incorporated into your own wardrobe. 

Sweater Vest

jpeg 82299de5 3a8e 4aab b4ef 8830354c1540

Aelfric Eden

Try out Wednesday’s gothic academic look with this sweater vest option featuring this gorgeous checkered pattern.

Jackets

KIC 352 2306 1073 900 prod1

Hollister

If you’re not interested in going out and buying this tried-and-true basic, digging through your mom’s closet or the closest thrift store are also viable options.

SWeaters

hmgoepprod

H&M

You can channel your inner Wednesday or Pugsley from the 1991 film with this striped sweater.

Tops

ZAP KNIT

Ragged Priest

Continuing with the theme of stripes, go for a more grungy look when you go out with this tank.

Accessories

1231 1793 OS 01.jpg.sthumbnails.1000.1250

Herschel

Last but not least, with the weather only getting colder, toss on a beanie to stay warm and revamp your winter style.

We may not attend Nevermore Academy, but we can always follow our favorite gothic queen’s example and dress like she does!

I'm a Junior at Texas Christian University and double-majoring in Journalism and Theatre.